What can I expect from the physics community at Deferential Geometry?

• Thread starter albn
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hello
albn
I did not see an introductions forum or thread anywhere, so I guess it is alright to post a new thread. If this is not permitted, please feel free to delete the topic.

I found this site looking at http://deferentialgeometry.org/ (as little as I understand it) and this looks pretty nice. It has been over ten years since I studied physics, and it would be kind of nice to get back into the swing of things.

Hopefully I can learn a lot and maybe meet some nice folks along the way.

Regards

Physics news on Phys.org
Hello albn. Welcome to PF! There isn't an introduction forum or thread so you're fine to post here. One can certainly learn a lot here and there are some very nice people as well which makes it all the better.

Oh, and if you hear the sound of a fish traveling through air at high speed, then duck. :smile:

Welcome to PF albn!

You've come to the right place if you are interested in physics. We have a wonderful community here of helpful and friendly people.

Make sure you stop by the new member fish thread and select your fish. We initiate all new members by slapping them with a fish. (don't ask)

New member fish thread

Last edited:
albn said:
I found this site looking at http://deferentialgeometry.org/ (as little as I understand it) and this looks pretty nice. It has been over ten years since I studied physics, and it would be kind of nice to get back into the swing of things.
Welcome to PF, albn. Deferentialgeometry.org is Garrett Lisi's site. Lisi is working on an Exceptionally Simple Theory of Everything (ESToE).

One may find more on this matter in the Forum Beyond the Standard Model.

Welcome albn! Enjoy your stay. PF is a great place!

Welcome aboard, Albn.
Please don't be one of those dozens of people who have run like the wind after having been welcomed. This is a great place, but we're all a little weird. Stick around long enough to get used to it. :biggrin:

Danger said:
Welcome aboard, Albn.
Please don't be one of those dozens of people who have run like the wind after having been welcomed. This is a great place, but we're all a little weird. Stick around long enough to get used to it. :biggrin:

I am lurking around to get a feel for the place. I do not want to ask the same question somebody else may have asked before.

I may just jump in and ask anyway.

albn said:
I may just jump in and ask anyway.

Absolutely. I'm new here too -- you can tell by my greasy little herring welts. If you go back into the archives some of the folks have been here for years. Us newbies are bound to bring up subjects that have come up before.

BTW, I'm here for reasons similar to yours. I majored in physics (years ago!), but I also studied chemistry. All my jobs have been mostly chemistry-related, and I miss discussions about physics.

Alright! These fish jokes aren't that funny anymore.

ranger said:

ummmmm better duck (quickly)...

ranger said:
You're entitled to your opinion, but this was started by members and most members here in GD seem to like the sense of fun, friendship, and camaraderie. You certainly don't have to join in. :smile:

larkspur said:
ummmmm better duck (quickly)...

I should hit him with a duck?

hooooKAY......

<PLAP!>

Math Is Hard said:
I should hit him with a duck?

hooooKAY......

<PLAP!>
:rofl: :rofl:

larkspur said:
:rofl: :rofl:

Yeah, what she said...
Albn, it's not always easy to find a previous post, even with the search function. Go ahead and ask. If it's been covered, a Mentor will point it out and link you to the previous discussilons.

1. What research opportunities are available in the physics community at Deferential Geometry?

The physics community at Deferential Geometry offers a wide range of research opportunities in various fields such as astrophysics, condensed matter physics, particle physics, and more. These opportunities are available for both undergraduate and graduate students, as well as postdoctoral researchers.

2. How can I get involved in the physics community at Deferential Geometry?

There are several ways to get involved in the physics community at Deferential Geometry. You can join research groups, attend seminars and conferences, participate in outreach activities, and collaborate with other students and faculty members. Additionally, there are various clubs and organizations dedicated to physics that you can join.

3. What resources are available for students in the physics community at Deferential Geometry?

The physics community at Deferential Geometry offers a wide range of resources for students, including state-of-the-art laboratories and equipment, access to research databases and journals, and funding opportunities for research projects and conferences. The community also has a strong support system with faculty members and fellow students who are always willing to help and provide guidance.

4. Are there opportunities for networking and collaboration within the physics community at Deferential Geometry?

Yes, there are plenty of opportunities for networking and collaboration within the physics community at Deferential Geometry. The community hosts regular seminars and conferences where students and faculty members can present their research and network with others in the field. There are also various research groups and projects that encourage collaboration among students and faculty members.

5. How does the physics community at Deferential Geometry support diversity and inclusivity?

The physics community at Deferential Geometry is committed to promoting diversity and inclusivity. The community actively supports and encourages students from underrepresented groups to pursue careers in physics. There are also various initiatives and programs in place to create a welcoming and inclusive environment for all members of the community.