Hello Physics Forum

• Thread starter Konvict
  • Start date
Konvict
Hello Physics Forum :)

Well I just joined. I've browsed this forum countless times and finally I had some time to register.

I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Eric and I just graduated high school this past year. I'm very interested in going to college when I get some money saved up from my current job at Walmart. Anyways, I'm looking forward to getting involved :)

*Sorry if this is the wrong place etc

Answers and Replies

Yo dude. I hope you are wearing some fish repellent. They have some interesting traditions around here.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Smacks Konvict with a codfish! Welcome to PF! You're in the right place.

Evo
Mentor
Whew!!! Smells like codfish in here, must be a new member!

Welcome Konvict.

Hootenanny
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
You know, I've been here for quite sometime now and I still find this fish slapping thing a little unnerving...

berkeman
Mentor
Well I just joined. I've browsed this forum countless times and finally I had some time to register.

I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Eric and I just graduated high school this past year. I'm very interested in going to college when I get some money saved up from my current job at Walmart. Anyways, I'm looking forward to getting involved :)

*Sorry if this is the wrong place etc
Welcome to the PF, Konvict. Are there any junior colleges near you where you can start taking classes? They are generally inexpensive, and you can often transfer credits to a 4-year college when you are ready to go there. Do you know what you want to study?

Evo
Mentor
You know, I've been here for quite sometime now and I still find this fish slapping thing a little unnerving...
Did you ever get slapped?

What's the new avatar? I can't see it very clearly.

berkeman
Mentor
What's the new avatar? I can't see it very clearly.
It looks like Dr. House, from the TV show. With bandaids over his mouth, maybe?

Hootenanny
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Did you ever get slapped?
No, I don't think so, I didn't formally introduce myself... runs and hides quickly....
It looks like Dr. House, from the TV show. With bandaids over his mouth, maybe?
Spot on :approve:, the box-sets have just come out over here and I must admit that I'm a little addicted...

Evo
Mentor
No, I don't think so, I didn't formally introduce myself... runs and hides quickly....
<WHAM>

That was sea bass, only the best for you. :smile:

Spot on :approve:, the box-sets have just come out over here and I must admit that I'm a little addicted...
I love House, but I'm upset that this season is replacing all of last season's assistants. :mad:

Hootenanny
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
<WHAM>

That was sea bass, only the best for you. :smile:
:biggrin: Aww thanks Evo, I feel so special
I love House, but I'm upset that this season is replacing all of last season's assistants. :mad:
I heard about that, I'm only upto the second series but I wandered onto the House website and read things I shouldn't have :grumpy:

Last edited:
radou
Homework Helper
:rofl::rofl: Now, that's a welcome slap.

What's with this universal House-addiction recently? Everywhere I go, I just hear people whisper "House...blabla..House...blabla...House..House...". :tongue:

Btw, welcome, Konvict. :smile:

Evo
Mentor
Well, that cute blond British assistant was...

I mean, it's an interesting show. But I HATED that wimpy detective that tried to lock House up. :mad:

Hootenanny
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
He was Australian! :rolleyes:

Evo
Mentor
He was Australian! :rolleyes:
He didn't sound Australian. :grumpy:

Australian: Oyshul doy.

(translation: I shall die.)

berkeman
Mentor

I mean, it's an interesting show. But I HATED that wimpy detective that tried to lock House up. :mad:
Quick note to the OP Konvict -- We don't usually let threads get hijacked like this. Us Mentors here on the PF are pretty good about keeping threads on-topic. However, since the majority of the hijackers in this case are Mentors, well, you know.... :rolleyes:

Evo
Mentor
I thought it was the three post rule. After 3 on topic posts, the thread is free game.

berkeman
Mentor
I thought it was the three post rule. After 3 on topic posts, the thread is free game.
Doh! My bad, I forgot about that rule. :rofl:

Lisa!
Gold Member
Quick note to the OP Konvict -- We don't usually let threads get hijacked like this. Us Mentors here on the PF are pretty good about keeping threads on-topic. However, since the majority of the hijackers in this case are Mentors, well, you know.... :rolleyes:
All threads are mentors' especially in GD! So hijacking doesn't mean anything here:rolleyes:

Evo
Mentor
All threads are mentors' especially in GD! So hijacking doesn't mean anything here:rolleyes:
Exactly.

I told you to put some fish repellent on. You should have listened to me. Now you smell worse than Math is Hard on laundry day.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Oh, wait, that means your welcome fish is around here somewhere. *rummages through the bottom of the fridge* Yep, here it is! :approve: Um...I'm not sure what kind it was. I don't think fish are supposed to be fuzzy, are they? :uhh: Hmm...I wonder of that puddle of putrid slime goes with it? Maybe some sort of sauce? Well, I'll scoop that up too, just in case. *Whacks Hootenanny with fuzzy, slimey fish.* A very belated welcome! :biggrin:

Hootenanny
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Oh, wait, that means your welcome fish is around here somewhere. *rummages through the bottom of the fridge* Yep, here it is! :approve: Um...I'm not sure what kind it was. I don't think fish are supposed to be fuzzy, are they? :uhh: Hmm...I wonder of that puddle of putrid slime goes with it? Maybe some sort of sauce? Well, I'll scoop that up too, just in case. *Whacks Hootenanny with fuzzy, slimey fish.* A very belated welcome! :biggrin:
Dammit, the sisterhood always find you eventually. I'm gona have to find a new place to hide... I'll try under Astro's beard...

radou
Homework Helper
Dammit, the sisterhood always find you eventually. I'm gona have to find a new place to hide... I'll try under Astro's beard...
Bad idea, they could use scissors in their anger. :biggrin: