Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hello - "The_Sarco"

1. Dec 26, 2015 #1
    Hello, fellow "Physics Forums" members! I am currently residing in Alabama and I graduated the University of Alabama - Huntsville with M.S. and B.S. degrees in Mathematics, minor in Physics for both programs. I also was a Math Graduate Assistant, both Research and Teaching, during my tenure at U.A.H. I conducted research on the Hodgkin-Huxley equations as a Graduate Assistant and performed research as a senior (Physics Practicum) under the guidance of Dr. Hakeem Oluseyi, whom you may know as a guest on "Outrageous Acts of Science".
    Anywho, if anyone on here has a question about Math (specifically differential equations, linear algebra, numerical analysis, or anything calculus-level or below), I might be able to help. Also, I am seriously considering going back to school for a Medical Physics degree so I might be soliciting your help on these forums as I decide what program to attend and what fields of research to pursue. Thank you!

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 26, 2015 #2

ajbeetler

Gold Member

Welcome to Physics Forums! I'm a new undergraduate myself, majoring in Physics/Astrophysics and Electronics Engineering Technology with a minor in Mathematics, so I am unable to give you career/educational guidance at your level. I may very well be soliciting your help for Calculus in the future though!

4. Dec 27, 2015 #3
    Hello, ajbeetler! That is an interesting combination of majors...are you wanting to work on space-related equipment or technology? That is quite alright about the guidance, as I believe I am going back for a Medical Physics degree. Feel free to send me your Calculus questions!

5. Dec 27, 2015 #4

ajbeetler

Gold Member

That's the idea. Looking towards graduate school when finished with undergrad. Thanks for the life line!

6. Dec 27, 2015 #5
    Nice! Good luck to you and no problem on the lifeline.

7. Dec 27, 2015 #6
    Welcome to PF, The_Sarco! I'm sure you will be able to contribute significantly to the forum, and I look forward to seeing your posts. Do keep us updated if you study Medical Physics, also.

8. Dec 27, 2015 #7

ajbeetler

Gold Member

Best of luck to you as well!

9. Dec 28, 2015 #8
    Thanks, StevieTNZ! I hope I'll be able to contribute some on these forums and I will keep everyone in the loop on my Medical Physics journey.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook