Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hello There

1. Nov 28, 2014 #1
    My name's Danny. I'm a 2nd year Theoretical Physics student in Trinity College Dublin (Ireland).

My physics modules in 1st year were foundation physics modules shared with general science and nanoscience courses (why TPs need foundation physics modules I have no idea), and they were also shorter and more cramped than the maths. As a result, I've somewhat neglected the physics side of my course, but this year it is better, so I'm taking more of an interest and putting more of an effort in. Hopefully getting help with assignments, trying to help others with assignments, and just reading the forum will be a big help.

Here's what I've done so far this year:
    • Lagrangian mechanics (starting Hamiltonian mechanics next term)
    • Starting calculus on manifolds
    • Complex analysis
    • Equations of mathematical physics: Fourier analysis, vector calculus, integration (double, triple, surface, line), just starting Green, Stokes, Divergence theorems
    • Oscillations
    • Thermodynamics
    • Electromagnetism
    • Optics
    I don't know if this is similar to what others did in 2nd year of college (maybe there's a thread on it)

But yeah, hello and nice to meet you all

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 28, 2014 #2
    Welcome to PF Danny!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook