Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hello there.

1. May 2, 2015 #1
    Good evening, afternoon or morning. I guess I need to say something more that huh? Well let's see, my friends call me Gadgett (Gadg for short) and I am an OIF veteran with a bachelors level education in the world most useless major, Graphic Design but despite my short comings I've always had a love and fascination for science. Physics and quantum physics toto be more specific.

It all stemmed from my fascination in the idea of time travel. From Back to the Future, to the story of John Titor, to the effect space travel has on time,the idea and possibilities fascinate me.

With that all being said I guess you could say I'm a beginner. So I may end up reading more than asking questions. However, I would like to express my appreciation before hand for allowing me to partake in the knowledge of you all.

2. jcsd
  3. May 2, 2015 #2
    Welcome to PF!

4. May 2, 2015 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Oh dear, we don't allow crackpottery here, the Titor crackpottery is a well know internet fraud, and overly speculative subjects such as time travel aren't allowed. Please be sure that you read our guidelines so your stay here is a happy one. :smile:

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/physics-forums-global-guidelines.414380/

5. May 2, 2015 #4
    Oh, i have read them, and it did make me wonder for a moment. But I understand completely what you mean nor is it my intention. I nearly quoted those stories to show where my interest spawned from. (example: a child reading Treasure Island and wanting to become a sailor.)

Stories such as the ones I mentioned simply spur the question " Is it possible?" If not then the journey itself would have lessons would it not? I would just have to think hard about how to phrase my questions if I needed to ask a question.

6. May 2, 2015 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I also love science fiction, so I know what you mean. We just make sure that people separate the fiction from the science, it sounds like you know that. I hope you enjoy the forum!

7. May 2, 2015 #6
    Thank you.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook