Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hello to all forum members

1. Feb 2, 2015 #1

LvW

My name is Lutz and I am from Bremen/Germany.
    I am not a physicist but an electronic engineer - mostly interested in analog electronics.
    I have worked for 10 years in electronic industries and for more than 20 years as a lecturer at a university.
    Now I am retired and, therefore, I have enough time to concentrate on my favorite subject "Analog Signal Processing" - in particular, active filters and harmonic oscillators.
    I am looking forward having nice discussions with some of you.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 2, 2015 #2

NascentOxygen

Staff: Mentor

Hi LvW. Welcome aboard, Lutz.

Bremen? You're not a town musician, by any chance? ;)

Only a dozen or so will read this thread, many more will see your forthcoming posts in other forums. :)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  4. Feb 2, 2015 #3

LvW

No - I am not. So it seems you have heard already about these four nice animals? Or have you visited Bremen already?
    Do you know that the whole story originates from a fairy-tale?

5. Feb 2, 2015 #4

NascentOxygen

From a fairy-tale, yes.

I almost asked do you have any rats (getting my fairy stories confused), but a precautionary check with google revealed that back in time Bremen really did get rid of its rats in an attempt to limit the spread of the plague. Amazing! :)

6. Feb 2, 2015 #5

LvW

I suppose, you are referring to a city called "Hameln" (the "Pied piper from Hameln")?

7. Feb 2, 2015 #6

NascentOxygen

8. Feb 2, 2015 #7

LvW

Thank you for the link - never seen such a written document.
    And - I have no personal memories because I was too young in 1899;)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook