What are the interests and background of a young physicist from Poland?

• Thread starter weirdoguy
  • Start date
In summary, a young physicist from Poland is likely to have a strong interest in mathematics and science, with a focus on physics. They may have a background in academic and research institutions, as well as a passion for understanding the fundamental principles of the universe. They may also have a desire to contribute to the advancement of scientific knowledge and make groundbreaking discoveries. Additionally, they may have a strong work ethic and determination to succeed in their field.
weirdoguy
Hi! I'm not 'new' but I thought that I should say 'hi':biggrin:
I'm young physicist from Poland. I finished theoretical physics at Warsaw University. During my bechelor studies my interests were loop quantum gravity, I wrote my bechelor thesis about Turaev-Viro invariants (and it was more about algebraic topology than physics actually). Then, because of my dissatisfaction with the fact that many of the lectures in physics are mathematically sloppy, and my growing love to differential geometry, I turned to mathematical physics. That is: differential geometry methods in classical field theory. I didn't start my PhD studies because, well... I inherited debts after mym mom. So I have to work to pay them back. Fortunately I work as a private teacher, I teach high school students and college students, so I stay 'in shape':biggrin:

PhysicsForums gave me a LOT of knowledge. And I'm very thankfull to all of you guys! Unfortunately I am not proficient in writing long posts in English, so most of my posts are rather short... Well, maybe I'll get fluent in that someday. Meanwhile I'll stay with writing loooong posts on polish biggest mathematical forum:wink:

Likes physics loverq, Greg Bernhardt and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF old friend! :D

Likes weirdoguy