Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hello, World!

1. Jan 19, 2017 #1
    Hi there! I'm an aspiring sci-fi writer (several projects in the works, all in various states of completion). Unlike pop sci-fi, though, I've made it my mission to avoid technobabble, Treknobabble, pseudoscience, and anything that can't be given a reasonable, rational explanation. As you can imagine, this...really increases my workload as I have to research a lot of different topics to keep that goal centered.

However, as a result, I've become versed in many more topics than my formal education trained me in, so I'm hoping to help as well as be helped while I'm here! Best to all and have a great day!

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 19, 2017 #2
    Welcome to PF!

4. Jan 19, 2017 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the forum SciFiWriterGuy!
    Please note that we have a special forum just for writers to answer and help with all of your questions https://www.physicsforums.com/forums/writing-and-world-building.220/

Please post all of your questions in this forum instead of in the science forums, the same people that post in the science forums post in the writers forum, but here you are given more room for speculation.

5. Jan 19, 2017 #4
    Thanks! Drakkith already gave me a bit of gentle correction along those lines, so I'll keep myself in the writers' area. Honestly, my big reason for signing up was to access actual, scientific brainpower to keep myself more to hard science than is the norm. Hopefully I can find my answers here. Many thanks!

6. Jan 19, 2017 #5

Evo

Actually, some of our best scientific minds enjoy posting more in the writers section because they have less restraints.

7. Jan 19, 2017 #6
    Sounds like fun, indeed! Thanks, Evo!

8. Jan 19, 2017 #7

Evo

Tell the responders that you would like more "real world" replies" than speculation. You can control the responses you get.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted