Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

1. Jun 15, 2003 #1
    Hi there everybody:)
    I'm new to this forum;):smile:
    I live in Australia, Brisbane and found this forum from a link in the www.universetoday.com website. Which i must say is very informative:)
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 15, 2003 #2

Hello and welcome!
    I'm sure the rest of the locals would be pretty friendly.
  4. Jun 15, 2003 #3
    I surely hope so:)
  5. Jun 15, 2003 #4
    welcome !

Hi Draco, welcome to PF
  6. Jun 15, 2003 #5
    Hi Draco. I'm from Melbourne Australia. This forum is great. Have fun.
  7. Jun 15, 2003 #6
    Welcome to the PFs, Draco! :smile:

Cool username.
  8. Jun 15, 2003 #7
    Hiya, was Draco the name of the dragon from the film Dragonheart?
  9. Jun 15, 2003 #8
    draco is harry potters nemesis at hogwarts isn't he
  10. Jun 17, 2003 #9
    Thanks for the welcome guys:)
    Draco is from Harry Potter, yes;) I like the name Draco and i usually use it in other forums too:)
    Its also a constellation and some Greek guy or something who set out very harsh laws.
  11. Jun 17, 2003 #10
    Welcome to the forums Dracola (j/k), if you are a science guy, you will enjoy this place for sure (and maybe even get addicted to it !)
  12. Jun 17, 2003 #11
    Yes i like Science, especially Physics and Astronomy too!
  13. Jun 17, 2003 #12

is harry potter as popular in england as it is in america? i know j.k. rowling is english, but sometimes things don't catch on in ones home nation. and how about James Bond? is he well known?
  14. Jun 17, 2003 #13
    Harry potter is very popular in britain i think everyone likes it apart from me, cant stand the stupid little prepubescent wizard!

Ah James Bond, of course he is well known everyone knows James Bond he is part of british culture.
  15. Jun 20, 2003 #14
    If you don't like Harry Potter, I'm sure you'll love "Barry Trotter and the Shameless Parody".
    I've only read a couple of chapters of it, and I've been laughing the whole time.
    (Note: it's not that I don't like Harry Potter, coz I absolutely LOVE IT and I can't wait for book number five to come out -- tomorrow at 9.01am!)
    Edit: The book's my Michael Gerber
  16. Jun 20, 2003 #15
    Welcome Draco!
    Yay, it's another Aussie! :wink:
  17. Jun 20, 2003 #16
    Teehee yes;)
    I'm eager to get the Book No. 5! Tomorrow:smile:
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?