Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hello :-)

Tags:
  1. Nov 30, 2016 #1

franktherabbit

Gold Member

Hi, a friend told me about this site and am anxious to try it out. I think it's great that you help students understand the materials by making them realize it instead of telling them. Great to be here and looking forward to our time together.. :-)

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 30, 2016 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to PF!

Please take some time to read our site guidelines (see link below) and remember that we help students with mainstream STEM subject and don't dwell on or discuss personal theories or speculative science topics.

4. Nov 30, 2016 #3

franktherabbit

Gold Member

Sure sure, no theories's of everything from me.. Is there any special way you post diagrams? LaTex for equations i see.

5. Nov 30, 2016 #4

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

You can post an image file (see the landscape icon) when writing your post in post editor.

We don't like it when full problems are posted out of a book or worksheet that way though.

We prefer to see your work and the Latex you used for your equations which helps us in formulating our responses.

Also we prefer each question/problem gets its own thread and if homework in the homework forums. When there are multiple questions then the thread gets all entangled and confusion reigns.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted