1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Helloplease i need helpi have some questions that i answered and i

1. Nov 14, 2008 #1
    hello..please i need help..i have some questions that i answered and i need help in 2 or 3 questions..if anyone can help me please tell me or pm me..i reallt need you guys

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 14, 2008 #2

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Re: question

Have you thought of perhaps, posting the questions in the forum?

4. Nov 14, 2008 #3

well i prefer to chat with someone so i cna understand more, and i know that in this great forums there are many guys who help me..can you help me?can i pm you?
    i really need to check my answers,and there are somethings i do not understand

5. Nov 14, 2008 #4

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

We don't allow that. Posting questions in the forums means that many people can help, can check the answers are correct and the answers are available for future searches.
    And it prevents people trying to answer take-home exams without leaving evidence.

6. Nov 14, 2008 #5

i know that but it's just that i prefer to check with someone privatly..pleae help me..just want you to check for me some answers that's all

7. Nov 14, 2008 #6

tiny-tim

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

please post on the forum

Hi qwerty321! Thanks for your PM. :smile:

I'm very happy to help you in the public threads, but I don't want to do it by email.

It's much better if you use the public forum - you get more than one opinion, and the help will come much more quickly!

However, if you find that I haven't replied to a thread (probably because I haven't noticed it), and you want a second opinion, by all means send me an email asking me to look at it! :smile:

(And there's no need to worry about feeling stupid - this forum is precisely for people who can't do problems and need help - everyone's in that position sooner or later!)

Always happy to help … but only on the forum! :smile:

plus … i know nothing about signal theory, and i've never even heard of nyquist sampling :redface:

8. Nov 15, 2008 #7

i know..theproblem is that if we got any help,well get a 0,that is why prefer to get help by pm

9. Nov 15, 2008 #8

and please it is my first year in electrical engineering and i really need you guys to help me..

10. Nov 15, 2008 #9

Defennder

Homework Helper

Hi Qwerty, one obvious advantage of posting it in the forum is that you get to use Latex which doesn't work in PMs. Another advantage is that other posters can peer review your answer. Without it, someone could give you a completely bogus answer which will leave you with a conceptual misunderstanding.

11. Nov 15, 2008 #10

tiny-tim

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

PM's ethical policy

Hi qwerty321! :smile:

But PF has an ethical policy (unlike some other forums), that we help rather than supply answers,

and we don't even help if it's against the rules of the member's own faculty.

Perhaps you can check with your faculty? Most professors don't mind "study-buddying" within reason … you may find that getting hints is ok, and only getting answers, or part-answers, gets you a 0.

Anyway, another reason why PF does not allow homework help by PM is to make sure that nobody can be accused of secretly trying to break their faculty's rules. :smile:

12. Nov 15, 2008 #11

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

On that note, this thread is done. If the OP wishes to be helped, he can start a new thread and fill in the homework posting template showing what he has tried thus far, as per PF rules.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?