Exploring the Possibility of Opening Gateways to Hell in the Hellraiser Series

• Thread starter cube137
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Series
In summary, this conversation considers the possibility that a gateway to another dimension might be possible, and discusses the implications of such a discovery. Similar topics discussed include the potential for monsters to come through such a gateway, as well as potential consequences that could arise if such a gateway were to be opened.
cube137
I watched Hellraiser: Bloodlines last night about the box that can open the gateway to hell. This is very interesting series and lines of movies. Anything similar to it you recalled? Scientists explore concepts of other multiverses, other brane dimensions now and it would be thrilling if gateways can be somehow open to them. In our very boring physics and LHC nowadays. It would be cool to have them open the gateway to hell and scary creatures coming from other side to haunt our scientists and the challenge to contain them. Isn't it :)

Physics news on Phys.org
But if some sort of interdimensional gateway or portal had or could indeed been bridged.. would the intruders just go directly to scientists and be scrutinized and warning given worldwide... won't it they would go first victimize the most unintelligent people who won't be believed and just be taken as mental patients? If we could visit other interdimensional realm someday. Would we first seek their scientists and announce our arrival or would we do it clandestinely? I remembered watching Event Horizon but the intruders were not technologically advanced but were like hellish animals.. how would a technologically advanced intruders behave. Has any tv episode like Doc Who or Outer Limits explore this before? I think this is a good science fiction genres to explore. Has anyone read the book Event Horizon.. has it got more contents than the movie?

There's Torchwood, with every episode driven by something else interesting coming out of "Cardiff Roft" in the space-time continuum. (The rift also shows up in some Doctor Who episodes - and note that "Torchwood" and "Doctor Who" are anagrams)

by the way, the box in Hellraiser works like this, light is reflected inside the box multiple times which forms a pattern, this serves as fingerprint or password to open up (or close) portals to hell braneworld... perhaps by using spacetime manifold and combination with holographic principle and branes which uses manifold fingerprint scanner and photonic lattice codes to open up spacetime portals or bridge... I'll rewatch the portion if I have time.. what is unique in Hellraiser:Bloodlines is it occurs in a satellite high in orbit which folds into a box that engage the photonic and manifold/Malcademia mechanism.

here's the conversations inside at 38 minutes into this futuristic movie about the box...:

".. to put it simply.. it's something i want to do with mirrors and lasers.. .
See in theory.. it possible...
Perpetual lights...
Trapped lights feeding of its own reflections...
I haven't perfected the light yet...
something's missing and I can't make it work...
it'll go off for a few seconds.. then it will blink out"...

then the lady demon in disguised said to the toy maker "Sometimes a few seconds are more than enough"...

The movie has Bloodlines in the titles because generations of the bloodlines were trying to create technology to make it fully work (the smaller box is just a model).. then in the distant future.. his descendent makes a satellite that can fold into a box...

anyway.. what is meant by "Trapped lights feeding of its own reflections..."? It's supposed to open portals to hell so I guess it can serve as password or fingerprint of some kind...

I'll return the DVD now because I'm afraid of it.. in the book "Alien Love Bites"... Eve Lorgen mentioned a lot of victims where the entities came from portals to haunt them...

9fkaF8.jpg

For your information.. many so called abductees have seen such portals opening up in their bedroom where the entities came through to terrorize them. Won't it be cool if they turn up at the LHC facility.. Our physics are very boring right now with nothing major being found out at the LHC.. perhaps its time to get the LHC haunted? I'm imagining a movie where such entities appear at the LHC and the scientists running and scratching their heads.. lol! To get these entities at LHC, they need to allow occultists who can conjure up spells which can open up the portals.. spells are like codes or open sesame.. then all the hidden dimensions they are looking for can all pop up (with the entities coming also).. this is when our physics would become very interesting!

I need movies like this where it's realistic.. our movies are also pretty boring...

cube137 said:
. Our physics are very boring right now with nothing major being found out at the LHC

I can't decide whether the correct response is "Did you not hear about the Higgs boson?" or "boo frigging hoo".

Likes Rubidium_71
Hellraiser was, IIRC, one of the earliest of the "sadism genre". Saw, Saw IC, Hostel, etc., have always made me wonder WTF.

cube137 said:
I watched Hellraiser: Bloodlines last night about the box that can open the gateway to hell. This is very interesting series and lines of movies. Anything similar to it you recalled? :)

The Surgeons from Witch Doctor mal practice comic books.
The Mist by Stephen King has *some* similarity, too.

1. How would opening gateways to Hell in the Hellraiser series affect the plot and characters?

Opening gateways to Hell would have a significant impact on the overall plot and characters in the Hellraiser series. It would introduce new elements such as demons, tortured souls, and other supernatural beings that would challenge the main characters and their beliefs. The characters may also have to face their own inner demons and make tough moral decisions as they navigate through the newly opened gateways.

2. What scientific theories or explanations could support the opening of gateways to Hell?

There are various scientific theories and explanations that could support the opening of gateways to Hell. Some theories suggest that there are alternate dimensions or parallel universes that could potentially intersect with our world and create portals to other realms. Other theories propose the existence of dark matter, which could potentially be used to open gateways to other dimensions.

3. Could opening gateways to Hell in the Hellraiser series be possible in real life?

While there is no scientific evidence to support the existence of Hell or gateways to it, the concept of opening gateways to other dimensions is still a subject of research and speculation. Some scientists believe that with advanced technology and a better understanding of the universe, it may be possible to create portals to other dimensions. However, the idea of opening gateways to Hell remains purely fictional and not scientifically proven.

4. How would opening gateways to Hell affect the laws of physics and the universe?

If gateways to Hell were to be opened in the Hellraiser series, it would most likely violate the laws of physics and disrupt the balance of the universe. The concept of Hell and its dimension goes against the laws of thermodynamics, which state that energy cannot be created or destroyed. It would also challenge the concept of time and space, as Hell is often portrayed as a timeless and boundless realm.

5. What moral and ethical implications could arise from opening gateways to Hell in the Hellraiser series?

Opening gateways to Hell would raise various moral and ethical questions for the characters in the Hellraiser series. They may have to confront their own beliefs and values as they face the consequences of their actions. It could also potentially lead to the exploitation and manipulation of supernatural beings for personal gain, causing harm and suffering to innocent souls. Ultimately, it would force the characters to question their morals and make difficult choices that could have far-reaching consequences.