Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hell's Kitchen - It's RAW!

1. Sep 21, 2010 #1

Evo

Staff: Mentor

eheheh

The season premiere of Hell's Kitchen starts tomorrow night, Wednesday, Sept 22nd at 8EST/7CST.

I know MIH, Cyrus, and I love this show and MIH and I are completely psyched for the first show tomorrow.

Watch the video cyrus, "IT'S RAW!!! IT'S RAW!!

http://www.fox.com/hellskitchen/

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 21, 2010 #2
    Oh cock. You donkey. Bullocks. **** me. Bloody Hell. ****. Its called non-stick, because its ****ing NON-STICK! Damn Damn Damn. Right. (Smacks hands together). Brilliant. This ingredient is so robust.

I think I've exhausted his vocabulary.

4. Sep 21, 2010 #3

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

I can't wait! :biggrin:

HK7-Ep6.jpg

Come here... LOOK at these SCALLOPS, madam!
    They're STONE COLD!

5. Sep 21, 2010 #4

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

We shall watch HK in our polar bear pajamas! :approve: (It's getting cold here in the evenings).

6. Sep 21, 2010 #5

Evo

I will put on my Polar Bears too!!

7. Sep 22, 2010 #6

drizzle

Gold Member

I love that show, didn't like that season done by Marco Pierre, though

chef Ramsay rocks! :!!)

[PLAIN]http://cache.gawker.com/assets/resources/2008/04/gordonramsay.jpeg [Broken]

:rofl:

But I must admit it, he's tough. I'll chicken out the very first shout, kudos to those who can handel'm

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  8. Sep 22, 2010 #7

Evo

I am counting down the hours. I can't wait to see the new line up of contestants. I truly believe that they purposely select a couple of people with potential to win and then the rest are selected because they have personality problems in order to make the show more interesting.

9. Sep 22, 2010 #8
    sorry but the link of fox website provided doesnt open for me due to my college network restrictions over here

i could google about it

so how good is thing actually?

10. Sep 22, 2010 #9

Evo

If you like cooking competitions and lots of over the top screaming and other antics, you'll love it.

The first time I saw it I changed the channel, I thought he was a jerk. I didn't know anything about the main character, Gordon Ramsay, then I caught it a second time and then found out that's his style and the people he yelled at (mostly) deserved it.

11. Sep 22, 2010 #10
    I was a bit confused last Sunday when you mentioned this TV Show, I just took a look at it on youtube and I must admit it is some good stuff! also can't help but thinking of Ramsey graph theory when this hostile Ramsay cooker appears :P

12. Sep 22, 2010 #11

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

We need to invent a Hell's Kitchen drinking game.

Ramsay drops an F bomb - take a sip
    Burnt risotto - take a drink
    Raw (or rubbery) scallops - take two drinks
    Undercooked Beef Wellington or John Dory - Drink half your drink
    Contestant fights with either Sous Chef or Maitre D - Kill entire drink
    Ramsay calls someone a donkey - do a shot

etc, etc

:biggrin:

13. Sep 22, 2010 #12

Evo

I don't have that much alcohol in my house, I'll need to re-stock before the show.

MIH, BTW, how's the new job?

14. Sep 22, 2010 #13
    I'm not saying he's a bad chef, because that would be wrong, but I don't know that I respect the teaching and leadership skills of someone like Ramsey. You should be able to make people crave your respect, instead of screaming at them; I feel that his method is more about his own antics than anything else.

Math Is Hard: I call violation of PF guidelines: anyone playing your drinking game will certainly die of alcohol poisoning; are you allowed to promote suicide here?! :wink:

15. Sep 22, 2010 #14

Evo

I'm ready. I'm having an Italian Nightclub with a side of guacamole delivered from Jimmy John's.

16. Sep 22, 2010 #15

turbo

Gold Member

I have only watched about 10 minutes of that execrable excuse for a reality competition. I would have been blind drunk in that time if I played that game.

Ramsey may indeed know how to cook. He may be great at it. All I saw on his show was ego, nastiness, and (probably false) superiority. If he can put out some shows that teach people how to cook better, and explain why his techniques are superior, I'd love to watch it. Until then, he is simply faux-chef entertainment. If his attitude and his mouth are the driving elements of Hell's Kitchen (they seem to be) I have better things to do with my time. With my health conditions, I hate to watch a show and then think "That's one hour I'll never get back."

17. Sep 22, 2010 #16

Evo

Oh MIH, I won't give it away because of the weird CA airing schedule, but this is the best ever. Oh, and a sad twist.

18. Sep 22, 2010 #17

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I am work until 8 PM tonight due to my new schedule. Guess when HK comes on here? :cry:

I'll have to watch it on the internets when I get home.

19. Sep 22, 2010 #18

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What's an Italian Nightclub?

20. Sep 22, 2010 #19

Evo

It will not disappoint. It started at 7:00, at 7:03 I was reaching for my blood pressure meds.

21. Sep 22, 2010 #20

Evo

NOOOOOO! It's over, I have to wait a week for the next episode. :cry:

:cry:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook