1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Helmholtz coils and a Hall Effect probe

1. Apr 11, 2004 #1
    hello,

here is my second message.(and my English is still very bad)
    I don't understand these 3 little experiments(we need Helmholtz coils and a Hall Effect probe)

I know I have to draw a graph for each situation but I can't interpret the difference between the theory and the experiment.

1)Measure the magnetic field in the middle of a circular coil crossed by a current I(I max=3 A)
    2)Draw a graph to explain the intensity of the magnetic field made by the two cicular coils (radius=a),on the axis of this assembly and for different distances L between the coils.Try to find experimentaly the Helmholtz condition(2 b=a) when the field has a maximal homogenity.
    3)Using some more little currents (2.A),measure the magnetic field at the end of a solenoid (square coil 500 spires) with an iron bar (the framework of the processing).How is the magnetic changed
    -with or without the iron "nucleus"
    -if we take the half-number of spires

I have sent 3 images concerning the 2nd question:
    1°:2b=4
    2°:2 b=8
    3°:2b=16

Can you tell me how to comment on those graphs because I must find the Helmholtz curve.
    For the 3 experiments,what is the theorical aspect?(cause I obtain some strange graphs...).I don't know if I have to use some formula's too.

Thank you for your help!!

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted