Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help about equations

1. Feb 27, 2004 #1

Clausius2

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I have to integrate numerically the next system of partial differential equations, in "r" and "z" coordinates (steady state, cylindrical coordinates):
    -Continuity equation
    -Momentum equation (with viscous and convection terms)
    -Energy equation (with heat transfer, convection, and internal generation terms).
    I heard something about Crank-Nicholson method. I have to implement this problem in Matlab or Fortran.
    Anybody know about how can I solve this heavy task?
    Anybody know about some web where I could obtain a method for solving it, and implemented in the software specified?.

Thanks for answering.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 27, 2004 #2

enigma

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Does it need to be in Matlab or Fortran, or are those the ones you know how to use?

It may be easier in Mathematica (my new favorite tool).

4. Feb 28, 2004 #3

Clausius2

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

To be honest, Matlab is my useful program. I've been working with it very usually. I don't know anything about Mathematica.
    This is the heaviest problem I've never simulated numerically.It is a part of a study of "deflagration initiation by hot jets".

5. Mar 5, 2004 #4

Clausius2

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm looking for a website holding worked programs of CFD. Do you know anyone?. I'm too lazy to do the program on my way!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?