Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help, any way to recover lost password for Winace?

1. Oct 20, 2005 #1
    Yeah, so I am not too smart as I encrypted a file in Winace and now have forgotten the password for it.

Are there any programs out there to get the pass or get through it, or any other way in which to access the files now that I forgot my password?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. My email is alexander0909@hotmail.com

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 20, 2005 #2

Staff Emeritus

You would need a program like "Advanced Archive Password Recovery" to get the password back. Do a google search for password recovery and winace.
  4. Oct 20, 2005 #3
    Thanks, however I have downloaded that program and it did not recognize the .xef file extension... is there any way i can get that program to recognize it? or another program that would?
  5. Oct 21, 2005 #4
    Usually winace creates archives with an .ace extension. Try renaming it to .ace and then try the recovery program.
  6. Oct 21, 2005 #5
    Well it created ace extension originally, but then when it was encrypted it changed to .xef.

I already tried to just rename it, but it didnt work any better with that program...:confused:
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?