1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help cosmology introductory

1. Jul 25, 2007 #1
    can anyone give me any information on some good books, online books or lecture notes to help me with university introductory cosmology
    i have my lecture notes but they are very poor and i find it difficult reading and interpreting what is going on
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 25, 2007 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Well, as I'm sure you are aware, there are many many cosmology books knocking around. Is this the first time you have encountered cosmology? Have you studied general relativity yet, or is this course intended to introduce cosmology without general relativity?

To be honest, I've never used a text specifically written on cosmology-- rather I studied GR first, and so used the texts with cosmology sections in the end to obtain my knowledge. However, this website lists a few texts: http://www.astro.ucla.edu/~wright/cosmobib.html

I'm sure someone else will provide you with more links and first hand experiences of texts.
  4. Jul 27, 2007 #3

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Silk's Big Bang is probably the best level for an Ugrad intro cosmology.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?