1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help!:cry: Generators

1. May 23, 2005 #1
    Hello

I am supposed to design a hand driven AC generator. I kinda know how to do it. You just have some sort of coil and you rotate it in a magnetic field. Thats all good but for analysis part I am required to give specific information information about no of loops of the coil and total energy out including voltage and and current stuff. So far I havent found anything linking coil loops with voltage/current output etc. All I have managed to find, well I got it off a seminar that since more photovoltic cells => more voltage and less current. Therfore more coil loops=> more voltage and less current.
    This is where I need help with. I need something that relates coil loops etc with Voltage and current output in a constant field.

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. May 23, 2005 #2
  4. May 23, 2005 #3
    kool...farady's laws...flux and stuff...coil l in mgf B etc...its all coming back...just another question on that....

If I was to store X joules of energy from it to a battery? how would I do it?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?