Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help disabling boot manager

1. Mar 10, 2009 #1
    I recently installed Windows 7 Beta on my computer, however I have encountered a problem. Every time my computer starts up the boot manager immediately comes up and gives me the option to either choose Windows 7 or an earlier version of Windows. I want to get rid of the boot manager and have it directly load into Windows 7.

I had someone tell me to set the default OS to Windows 7 and set the time to choose an OS to 0 under start up options but when I did that, for some reason it went to the earlier version of windows. At the same time, I deleted all files from my previous windows installation so whenever it boots into a previous version of windows I receive a blue error screen and my computer immediately shuts down.

Does anyone have any suggestions to get rid of the listing of the previous windows on the boot manger? Also I would like to get rid of the boot manager on start up all together.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted