1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help Do A VT Graph

1. Oct 1, 2008 #1
    I need to do a VT graph showing a parachute jump, I need an explanation about the graph too.

2. Relevant equations
    None

My Attempt:
    [​IMG]

From point 0-2 the jump is accelerating largely at a constant uniform. From point 2-4 the acceleration remains at a constant velocity. From point 4-6 the gradient decreases at a constant speed until it reaches zero.

Thanks a lot,
    GCSEsoon

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 1, 2008 #2

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

What is it you are attempting to show with your graph. Perhaps a little more of an explanation of your thinking about your graph is in order?

4. Oct 1, 2008 #3
    From point 0-2 the jump is accelerating largely at a constant uniform. From point 2-4 the acceleration remains at a constant velocity. From point 4-6 the gradient decreases at a constant speed until it reaches zero.

5. Oct 1, 2008 #4

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

What happens when the chute deploys? The diver stops at constant velocity or slows to a final velocity of descent?

At the ground, how fast will the jumper stop? 2 seconds to hit the ground and slow his impact?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?