1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

HELP Dont understand question

1. Feb 18, 2008 #1
    HELP!!! Dont understand question

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    A puck slides with speed v on the surface of frictionless ice. The surface of the ice rink is "level" in the sense that it is constructed such that the sum of the effects of gravity and the centrifugal force, together with the normal force, are all normal to the surface of the ice rink. We can therefore focus on the forces that are oriented parallel to the surface of the ice.

Show that the Coriolis force makes the puck move in a circle as seen in earth's rotating frame

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

i have been discussing this problem with someone else and every time I get more confused on what they want or they give us. Is the given velocity of the puck v of body in body coordinates? v of body in space coordinates? and do they want v of space in body coordinates or v of space in space coordinates??

PLEASE i need this cleared up! I am so frustrated with this!!

Thanks

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?