Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help File

1. Oct 7, 2005 #1

saltydog

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

So what's the warning message below my signature column and why can't I find a help file to explain what that is?

Thanks,
    Salty

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 7, 2005 #2
    If you've been a bad boy (for examply by posting something overly voluptuous and vile), I will not hesitate clicking on that symbol and
    REPORT YOUR POST TO THE MENTORS!

EDIT:
    Oh, I see some new features have arrived, I thought you were speaking of the warning triangle..

4. Oct 7, 2005 #3

wolram

Gold Member

Hmmm, arildno2, i am agog, was there an arildno1:confused: and is the non numeric arildno still around, or is this some reinvension

5. Oct 7, 2005 #4
    I FORGOT MY PASSWORD!!!!

6. Oct 7, 2005 #5

hypnagogue

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Send a PM to Greg or Warren with a new password for your old account and I'm sure they can fix things up for you.

7. Oct 7, 2005 #6
    Done that, but it was so boring to just sit here twiddling my thumbs without having access to PF.

8. Oct 7, 2005 #7

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:How classic!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And here I was thinking 'arildno2' was the answer to Lisa!'s "guess which PFer she was going to masquerade as".

Forgot your password ..... Geez, what a dweeb! How could you forget your password just between yesterday and today?!

I've been working outside my office for a few weeks, stopping back just to check my E-Mails and a few other things. Naturally, in the middle of this my password expires and I have to change it, then forgot it by next week when I went to check the office again (but at least it was a whole week!!!). Lucky for me, the logon window has a button to click if you've forgtotten your password.

Step one to obtaining your forgotten password? Register using your username and password!!!! What??!! If I knew my password, I wouldn't be on this page!!!!!

Presumably, if you enter your password, the network will E-Mail your forgotten password to the E-Mail account that you can't access unless you know your password. Entirely consistent with the LAN administrator motto, "Leave Me Alone!!"

9. Oct 7, 2005 #8

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Too bad arildno didn't use arildno* (his complex conjuagte) or arildno!

10. Oct 7, 2005 #9
    Since I've used the "Remember Me?" option, I haven't needed to remember my own password for about 3 months...

11. Oct 7, 2005 #10

Nereid

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Surely he's already quite complex enough! And how does one 'conjugate' 'arildno'? Differently in Norwegian than Latin?? Let's see now, amo/arildno, ....

12. Oct 7, 2005 #11

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Hello again, everyone! :smile:

13. Oct 7, 2005 #12

Lisa!

Gold Member

Hello. :smile: And welcome back!

14. Oct 7, 2005 #13

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Thank you! :smile:

15. Oct 7, 2005 #14

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That's going to be a toughie !! :biggrin:

16. Oct 7, 2005 #15

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Right now, sexless* marriages are discussed here in Norway. Some are for it, and predictably, the Christians are against it.
    So, I might get to know conjugal bliss after all..

*Gender neutral is perhaps a more apt term..

17. Oct 7, 2005 #16

Lisa!

Gold Member

!arildno! , @rildn0 , arildn0 are also better than arildno2. But I just prefer arildno.

18. Oct 7, 2005 #17

Danger

Gold Member

"Arildno*" would be okay, but I believe that Lisa has a copyright on "!".

19. Oct 7, 2005 #18

honestrosewater

Gold Member

Hm, I think that would instead be a trademark. (Just seizing the opportunity to harass you while you're unarmed. :tongue2: )

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?