1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help File

1. Oct 7, 2005 #1

saltydog

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

So what's the warning message below my signature column and why can't I find a help file to explain what that is?

Thanks,
    Salty

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 7, 2005 #2
    If you've been a bad boy (for examply by posting something overly voluptuous and vile), I will not hesitate clicking on that symbol and
    REPORT YOUR POST TO THE MENTORS!

EDIT:
    Oh, I see some new features have arrived, I thought you were speaking of the warning triangle..

4. Oct 7, 2005 #3

wolram

Gold Member

Hmmm, arildno2, i am agog, was there an arildno1:confused: and is the non numeric arildno still around, or is this some reinvension

5. Oct 7, 2005 #4
    I FORGOT MY PASSWORD!!!!

6. Oct 7, 2005 #5

hypnagogue

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Send a PM to Greg or Warren with a new password for your old account and I'm sure they can fix things up for you.

7. Oct 7, 2005 #6
    Done that, but it was so boring to just sit here twiddling my thumbs without having access to PF.

8. Oct 7, 2005 #7

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:How classic!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And here I was thinking 'arildno2' was the answer to Lisa!'s "guess which PFer she was going to masquerade as".

Forgot your password ..... Geez, what a dweeb! How could you forget your password just between yesterday and today?!

I've been working outside my office for a few weeks, stopping back just to check my E-Mails and a few other things. Naturally, in the middle of this my password expires and I have to change it, then forgot it by next week when I went to check the office again (but at least it was a whole week!!!). Lucky for me, the logon window has a button to click if you've forgtotten your password.

Step one to obtaining your forgotten password? Register using your username and password!!!! What??!! If I knew my password, I wouldn't be on this page!!!!!

Presumably, if you enter your password, the network will E-Mail your forgotten password to the E-Mail account that you can't access unless you know your password. Entirely consistent with the LAN administrator motto, "Leave Me Alone!!"

9. Oct 7, 2005 #8

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Too bad arildno didn't use arildno* (his complex conjuagte) or arildno!

10. Oct 7, 2005 #9
    Since I've used the "Remember Me?" option, I haven't needed to remember my own password for about 3 months...

11. Oct 7, 2005 #10

Nereid

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Surely he's already quite complex enough! And how does one 'conjugate' 'arildno'? Differently in Norwegian than Latin?? Let's see now, amo/arildno, ....

12. Oct 7, 2005 #11

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Hello again, everyone! :smile:

13. Oct 7, 2005 #12

Lisa!

Gold Member

Hello. :smile: And welcome back!

14. Oct 7, 2005 #13

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Thank you! :smile:

15. Oct 7, 2005 #14

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That's going to be a toughie !! :biggrin:

16. Oct 7, 2005 #15

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Right now, sexless* marriages are discussed here in Norway. Some are for it, and predictably, the Christians are against it.
    So, I might get to know conjugal bliss after all..

*Gender neutral is perhaps a more apt term..

17. Oct 7, 2005 #16

Lisa!

Gold Member

!arildno! , @rildn0 , arildn0 are also better than arildno2. But I just prefer arildno.

18. Oct 7, 2005 #17

Danger

Gold Member

"Arildno*" would be okay, but I believe that Lisa has a copyright on "!".

19. Oct 7, 2005 #18

honestrosewater

Gold Member

Hm, I think that would instead be a trademark. (Just seizing the opportunity to harass you while you're unarmed. :tongue2: )

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?