Help File: Warning Message & Reason for No Info

• Thread starter saltydog
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a warning message and a new feature on the forum, with a mention of forgotten passwords and the possibility of a new username. There is also some joking about a member's username and the topic of gender-neutral marriage in Norway.
saltydog
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
So what's the warning message below my signature column and why can't I find a help file to explain what that is?

Thanks,
Salty

Physics news on Phys.org
If you've been a bad boy (for examply by posting something overly voluptuous and vile), I will not hesitate clicking on that symbol and
REPORT YOUR POST TO THE MENTORS!

EDIT:
Oh, I see some new features have arrived, I thought you were speaking of the warning triangle..

arildno2 said:
If you've been a bad boy (for examply by posting something overly voluptuous and vile), I will not hesitate clicking on that symbol and
REPORT YOUR POST TO THE MENTORS!

Hmmm, arildno2, i am agog, was there an arildno1:confused: and is the non numeric arildno still around, or is this some reinvension

wolram said:
Hmmm, arildno2, i am agog, was there an arildno1:confused: and is the non numeric arildno still around, or is this some reinvension
I FORGOT MY PASSWORD!

arildno2 said:
I FORGOT MY PASSWORD!
Send a PM to Greg or Warren with a new password for your old account and I'm sure they can fix things up for you.

hypnagogue said:
Send a PM to Greg or Warren with a new password for your old account and I'm sure they can fix things up for you.
Done that, but it was so boring to just sit here twiddling my thumbs without having access to PF.

arildno2 said:
I FORGOT MY PASSWORD!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:How classic! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And here I was thinking 'arildno2' was the answer to Lisa!'s "guess which PFer she was going to masquerade as".

Forgot your password ... Geez, what a dweeb! How could you forget your password just between yesterday and today?!

I've been working outside my office for a few weeks, stopping back just to check my E-Mails and a few other things. Naturally, in the middle of this my password expires and I have to change it, then forgot it by next week when I went to check the office again (but at least it was a whole week!). Lucky for me, the logon window has a button to click if you've forgtotten your password.

Step one to obtaining your forgotten password? Register using your username and password! What??! If I knew my password, I wouldn't be on this page!

Presumably, if you enter your password, the network will E-Mail your forgotten password to the E-Mail account that you can't access unless you know your password. Entirely consistent with the LAN administrator motto, "Leave Me Alone!"

Too bad arildno didn't use arildno* (his complex conjuagte) or arildno!

BobG said:
Forgot your password ... Geez, what a dweeb! How could you forget your password just between yesterday and today?!
Since I've used the "Remember Me?" option, I haven't needed to remember my own password for about 3 months...

Surely he's already quite complex enough! And how does one 'conjugate' 'arildno'? Differently in Norwegian than Latin?? Let's see now, amo/arildno, ...

Hello again, everyone! :smile:

arildno said:
Hello again, everyone! :smile:
Hello. :smile: And welcome back!

Lisa! said:
Hello. :smile: And welcome back!
Thank you! :smile:

Nereid said:
And how does one 'conjugate' 'arildno'?
That's going to be a toughie ! :biggrin:

Nereid said:
And how does one 'conjugate' 'arildno'?
Right now, sexless* marriages are discussed here in Norway. Some are for it, and predictably, the Christians are against it.
So, I might get to know conjugal bliss after all..

*Gender neutral is perhaps a more apt term..

Astronuc said:
!arildno! , @rildn0 , arildn0 are also better than arildno2. But I just prefer arildno.

Astronuc said:
"Arildno*" would be okay, but I believe that Lisa has a copyright on "!".

Danger said:
"Arildno*" would be okay, but I believe that Lisa has a copyright on "!".
Hm, I think that would instead be a trademark. (Just seizing the opportunity to harass you while you're unarmed. :tongue2: )

What is a "Help File: Warning Message & Reason for No Info"?

A "Help File: Warning Message & Reason for No Info" is a document that provides information on an error or warning message that appears when attempting to access certain information. It also includes the reasons for why the information may not be available.

Why do I receive a warning message when trying to access certain information?

The warning message is triggered when there is an issue or error with the information you are trying to access. This could be due to technical difficulties, missing data, or other factors.

What kind of information will be provided in the warning message?

The warning message will typically include details on the issue or error that is preventing access to the information. It may also provide suggestions on how to resolve the issue or alternative ways to access the information.

Can I still access the information despite the warning message?

In some cases, it may still be possible to access the information despite the warning message. However, it is important to read the message carefully and follow any instructions or suggestions provided to ensure accurate and complete information.

Where can I find more information about the reasons for no information?

The "Help File: Warning Message & Reason for No Info" should provide a detailed explanation of the reasons for the lack of information. If you require further clarification, you may contact the appropriate support team or consult other resources, such as user guides or technical documentation.