Help for easy electric problems

• Thread starter x-men
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Electric
In summary, some common easy electric problems include tripped circuit breakers, blown fuses, loose connections, and faulty light switches or outlets. To troubleshoot a tripping circuit breaker, unplug all devices from the affected circuit and reset the breaker. If it continues to trip, there may be a larger issue. For a blown fuse, replace it with a new one of the same amperage after turning off the power. If it continues to blow, there may be an underlying issue. Lights flickering or dimming when certain appliances are turned on could indicate a need for a dedicated circuit or electrical system upgrade. It is always best to call a professional for electrical problems to ensure safety and proper handling.
x-men
A proton with speed v=3 . 10*5m/s , (.=coss) orbits just outside the charged sphere of radius = 1cm What is the charge of sphere?

Physics news on Phys.org
What, exactly, have you done so far?

Based on the given information, we can use the formula for centripetal force to determine the charge of the sphere. The centripetal force, F, is equal to the product of the mass of the proton, m, and the square of its velocity, v, divided by the radius of the orbit, r:

F = mv^2/r

Since the proton is in a circular orbit, the force of attraction between the proton and the charged sphere is equal to the centripetal force. We can express this as:

F = k(q1q2)/r^2

Where k is the Coulomb's constant and q1 and q2 are the charges of the proton and the charged sphere, respectively.

Equating the two expressions for F, we get:

mv^2/r = k(q1q2)/r^2

Rearranging this equation, we can solve for q2, the charge of the sphere:

q2 = (mv^2r)/kq1

Substituting the given values, we get:

q2 = [(1.67 x 10^-27 kg)(3 x 10^5 m/s)^2(0.01 m)]/(8.99 x 10^9 Nm^2/C^2)(1.6 x 10^-19 C)

Simplifying, we get:

q2 = 3.75 x 10^-14 C

Therefore, the charge of the sphere is 3.75 x 10^-14 Coulombs.

What are some common easy electric problems that people encounter?

Some common easy electric problems include tripped circuit breakers, blown fuses, loose connections, and faulty light switches or outlets.

How can I troubleshoot if my circuit breaker keeps tripping?

You can troubleshoot by first unplugging all appliances or devices from the affected circuit and then resetting the breaker. If it trips again, there may be a problem with the wiring or the breaker itself. If it doesn't trip, then one of the appliances or devices may be causing the issue.

What should I do if I have a blown fuse?

If you have a blown fuse, you can replace it with a new one of the same amperage. Be sure to turn off the power to the affected area before replacing the fuse. If the new fuse also blows, there may be a larger issue with the wiring or a faulty appliance.

Why do my lights flicker or dim when I turn on certain appliances?

This could be caused by a voltage drop due to the appliance drawing too much power. You may need to upgrade your electrical system or have a dedicated circuit installed for the appliance.

Can I fix an electrical problem myself or should I call a professional?

This depends on the severity and complexity of the problem. It is always best to err on the side of caution and call a professional if you are unsure or uncomfortable with attempting to fix the problem yourself. Electrical work can be dangerous and should be handled by a trained and licensed professional.