Help for future

Im currently a senior in high school and have fallen in love with the deepest mysteries of the universe. However, during my first three years of high school I slacked off, something i deeply regret. Now im stuck with my poor GPA and im wondering what steps i can take to pursue a career in physics? Is it possible to enroll in a community college and then transfer to a major university or is my previous lack of motivation going to stop me from pursuing my dreams?

Answers and Replies

Perhaps the best course of action is to enroll in a community college now and gradually build your academic skills before transferring to a 4-year university. As a former slacker, I am qualified to tell you the transition to a rigorous and disciplined work ethic is very difficult but rewarding.

Attending a community college in the early stages will provide you with a somewhat smoother path towards academic success because focus #1 at community colleges is teaching and that means you will enjoy increased access to faculty, tutoring, and other academic resources that will assist you to develop a solid and disciplined work ethic.

You don't have to get into a great school to major in physics. You'll never get into a big name school but most state schools don't have very high standards. If you can't get in now, you definitely can if you go to a community college and do well.

Perhaps the best course of action is to enroll in a community college now and gradually build your academic skills before transferring to a 4-year university. As a former slacker, I am qualified to tell you the transition to a rigorous and disciplined work ethic is very difficult but rewarding.

Attending a community college in the early stages will provide you with a somewhat smoother path towards academic success because focus #1 at community colleges is teaching and that means you will enjoy increased access to faculty, tutoring, and other academic resources that will assist you to develop a solid and disciplined work ethic.

I second all of this. Trust me as well, since I was a former slacker too. Even if you don't go to that tough of a university, it's still university and you don't want to risk your college grades because they're permanent. Besides, you'll save money in a CC and you'll get through the annoying classes without trouble. In fact, this might suit you well, as the way I see it I can devote other time to physics that I like since I have lots of time even though I'm taking a maximum courseload (I go to a relatively easy university and will only consider transferring later on when the quality of education matters).

Couldn't you always repeat some of your HS classes and then apply to CC or uni?