1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help for grade 11 chem questions

1. Jan 6, 2009 #1
    Hi I have two questions grade 11 chem questions that I dont know how to do. HELP PLEASE!

Q1: Tetraethyl( Pb(C2H5)4 ) lead was added to gasoline up to 2.0ml per 3.8L of gasoline.

a)Calculate the mass of Tetraethyl lead in the total amount of gasoline that you use for this trip (31.2 L of gasoline). The density of Tetraethyl lead is 1.653g/mL

b) Calculate the mass of elemental lead in the total amount of gasoline that you will consume for this trip.

I'm not sure but here is what I did.
    Mass tetraethyl lead = 31.2 L gasoline * (2.0 mL Pb(C2H5)4/3.8 L gasoline) * 1.653 g Pb(C2H5)4

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 7, 2009 #2

Borek

Staff: Mentor

Looks correct. Well, almost correct - not all units are OK. But that's a minor problem.

b is about using molar masses.

4. Jan 7, 2009 #3
    Yeah thanks for the help... I got the question like 12 mins after posting thanks for your help tho.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?