1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help for IIT JEE physics books

1. Jun 6, 2007 #1
    I am looking for some good books for physics
    The book which can cover most of the theory and sufficient problems for prectice, till now I have tried Resnik Haliday , but I think it is full of unnecessury theory and irrilevent problems
    tell me about a complit book
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 6, 2007 #2
    dude you are asking this in PF. strange, really strange!!!
    anyways, for physics let me tell you that there is no better book then H C Verma for engineering examinations. Going for tougher problems is never going to get you in IIT. Just get your basics right. H C Verma is best at it
  4. Jun 6, 2007 #3
    What are you saying? How can solve any problem if you don't understand the theory properly? Are you expecting straight solutions to all problems. :biggrin: I suggest you go through the book properly and study only what is relevant for JEE syllabus. Solving problems from Irodov and HC Verma will give you more advantage for solving JEE-type problems.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?