1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

HELP: Forces

1. Sep 19, 2004 #1
    I tried doing these but my professor has not gone over forces yet. I tried using the book, but I got stuck on these questions. Please help.

1) Two calibrated elevation blocks have a combined thickness of 1.86 cm. Find the angle of elevation of the 1.00-meter long track for this situation.

2) A block having mass M slides down an inclined plane. THe force of friction between the plane and the inclined plane is f , the block's weight is Mg and the normal force is N . Draw a freebody force diagram showing the forces acting on the block.

3) For the following position versus time values, calculate the average velocity for each of the four time intervals. What is the physical meaning of a negative average velcity?
    Position (m) 1.24, 1.57, 2.63, 2.25, 2.00
    Time (s) 1.00, 1.74, 2.33, 2.70, 3.00
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 19, 2004 #2

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Please show us what you have got so far.
  4. Sep 19, 2004 #3
    The problem is that I don't know where to start and what formula to use.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?