Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help from others

1. Aug 31, 2016 #1

wolram

Gold Member

Do you get embarrassed when you ask for help, may be you have to swallow your pride and be put on the right path.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 31, 2016 #2
    Not at all.
    I have some problems when asking for help from my teachers face to face, but that's not for pride. That's because sometimes I guess I get scared thinking that they may scold me for asking stupid questions. But I always ask my friends to help me.

In here, I was also scared to ask my stupid questions at first, but then, I got help from all these amazing people on PF, from which I could clear all the doubts I had.
    So, no. I get scared sometimes maybe,but I don't get embarrassed.
    And thank you all for being there and helping us. :smile:

4. Aug 31, 2016 #3

ProfuselyQuarky

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Yes, sometimes. Not because of conceit, but because I fear that the information that I’m lacking has already been shared and that it is merely my own fault that I wasn’t paying attention and missed it.

Some people seem so tired or stressed. Making them annoyed by having them repeat information (especially technical material) bothers me.

5. Sep 19, 2016 #4

Mark44

Staff: Mentor

Usually not, although I don't often ask for help.
    When I do, though, I try to exhaust the obvious possibilities before asking.

If it's a question about where I happen to be located geographically at the moment, I rarely ask for help. I enjoy finding new routes to places, just to see what's there, and this can lead to becoming lost, at least temporarily. I live in an area with lots of winding roads that wander all over the place. It has taken me some time, but I know my way around the area within a 20 mile radius pretty well.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted