1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help graph

1. Jul 11, 2005 #1
    help plz...graph

Here is a question i am havin a bit of trouble with.

Click here for the question

This is what i figured out:

f'(1) must be a local max or min since hte derivativee is 0

the second line are the vertical and horz assympotes.
    there is a vertical assymptote at x=0
    there is a horizontal assymptote at y=-4 and y=-1

f(-2) is the point where changes concavity

concave down -2<x<0
    Concave up x<-2 or x>0

I am unsure of how to draw this graph. thanks for your help in advance.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 11, 2005 #2
    Yu Just Gave All The Conditions For The Graph. Take A Min Athink About It. First Draw Your Assmytopes, Then Insert Your Critical Points And So On
  4. Jul 11, 2005 #3
    here is what i get for the graph. can someone please verify it.

Click here for the graph
  5. Jul 11, 2005 #4
    that looks about right, i matched up the data given and ur graph...and seems kinda accurate....one thing is that....ur f(-2) doesnt seem to be a point of inflection in ur graph its just going up... without changing direction or anything...so i think u might want to fix that
  6. Jul 11, 2005 #5
    What are you trying to say here bengali babu? i dont understand how you say it seems kinda accurate and then you say that my graph just goes up wihtout changing direction. thank for ur help, but i dont get what ur trying to say. can you please clarify. thanks.
  7. Jul 11, 2005 #6
    actually, i am unsure of this....there might be more to this than i originally thought...maybe someone else cud help u, good luck :smile:
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2005
  8. Jul 12, 2005 #7
    :frown: thanks anyways bengali :smile: , hopefully someone else will be ablle to help me out.
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2005
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?