Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

1. Jun 8, 2006 #1
    I need some help desparately. My teacher allowed us to bring cards to the final with some equations, only my dumbass teacher lost it so I'm screwed atm. I need to know the essential equations for projectile motion (there's 6 I believe) and the ones for:

- Torque
    - Simple Harmonic Motion
    - Waves
    - Fluid Statics
    - Lenses/Mirros and Diffraction
    - Magnetism
    - Waves
    - Gravitation

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I don't have much to offer except a lifetime worth of thanks. Please help as I am in a very desparate situation at the moment. Cheers.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 8, 2006 #2
  4. Jun 8, 2006 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I never memorise any equations for projectile motion, it is better to work through them from first principles. That way you can always do it. You can solve all project motion questions applying basic physics principles, however, three useful kinematic equations to remember are;

[tex]v = u + at[/tex]

[tex]s = ut + \frac{1}{2}at^2[/tex]

[tex]v^2 = u^2 + 2as[/tex]

As for all the others, you should know all the required formulae off by heart. It sounds to me as if someone has not studied for their final.
  5. Jun 8, 2006 #4

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Try wikipedia or http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/ or something of the kind...

However, I think your case is a bit hopeless if you discover that on the evening of a final, you know. Rather have a beer and enjoy life :biggrin:
  6. Jun 8, 2006 #5
    Ah thanks a lot guys. And yes, hoote, you are somewhat correct. I have studied the methods for solving, just never got around to memorizing the equations or remembering which ones to use lol. Cheers everyone! (Thanks for that link btw, VERY good link)
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?