Physics books for a meteorologist

In summary, the individual is interested in becoming a meteorologist and needs to take physics and math courses in college. They are looking for recommendations on basic physics books to start with and have just graduated from high school with some difficulty in regular physics. They are seeking a book that explains formulas and are considering "Basic Physics for Scientists and Engineers" by Paul A. Tipler.
nike
ok, I'm deciding to be a meteorologist, and I need to take a lot of physics and math classes in college. I'm trying to start from basic physics book to go advanced. Can you guys tell me about some books that I can get from library.
thanx anyway. :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
anyone knows any basic physics book or what?

nike said:
anyone knows any basic physics book or what?
There are hundreds of books. Nobody here knows what you already know, so it's pretty hard to recommend something. What math and science courses have you already taken? At what level? How did you do?

Man I just graduated from high school, and I took regular physics, and it was kind of hard for me. So I just wanted to be kind of basic, and expalins all the formulas.

Possiblity?

http://images.ecampus.com/images/d/336/0764554336.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
do you think basic physics book is good

1. What is the importance of physics books for a meteorologist?

Physics is the fundamental science that helps meteorologists understand and predict the behavior of the atmosphere. As a meteorologist, having a strong foundation in physics is crucial for accurately analyzing and interpreting weather patterns.

2. What topics should be covered in physics books for a meteorologist?

Physics books for a meteorologist should cover topics such as thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, electromagnetism, and atmospheric radiation. These topics are essential for understanding the principles behind weather phenomena.

3. Are there any specific recommendations for physics books for a meteorologist?

Some recommended physics books for a meteorologist include "An Introduction to Atmospheric Physics" by David Andrews, "Atmospheric Science: An Introductory Survey" by John M. Wallace and Peter V. Hobbs, and "Physics of the Atmosphere" by John Houghton.

4. Can physics books for a meteorologist also cover other related fields?

Yes, physics books for a meteorologist may also cover related fields such as climatology, atmospheric chemistry, and meteorological instrumentation. These topics can provide a more comprehensive understanding of the atmosphere and its interactions.

5. How can physics books for a meteorologist be useful for career development?

Studying physics can enhance a meteorologist's analytical and problem-solving skills, which are valuable in the field. Additionally, keeping up with new developments in physics can help meteorologists stay updated on emerging technologies and techniques for weather forecasting.