Help: How to Put Twisting Effect on Flash

• Thread starter ermines
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Flash
In summary, the individual is seeking help on how to create a twisting effect in Flash MX 2004, specifically for a fixed rod twisting at one end. After experimenting with Swishmax, they discovered an effect called "corkscrew" that resembles the desired twisting effect. However, they are having trouble applying it to a cylinder and are seeking assistance with this issue.
ermines
Hello guys. I'm having trouble of how to produce a twisting effect/motion in flash mx 2004. The twisting I'm referring to is when you twist a rod at one end and the other end is fixed. It is like the concept of torsion.

So anyone have any ideas how to make this? An .fla perhaps?

Computer science news on Phys.org
umm guys, just experimented with swishmax. i saw this effect called corkscrew that smehows resembles a twisting effect. I just need to make very small rectangles and line them up to each added then add the effect to each one of them and each one of them slowly turns, creating a seemingly twisting effect. My only problem now is to apply it to a cylinder. The twist doesn't seem to be visible if it isn't a plane. So anyone have an idea?

There are a few different ways you could create a twisting effect in Flash. One option would be to use a shape tween to morph the shape of your rod as if it is twisting. Another option would be to use a motion tween to rotate the rod around a fixed point, giving the appearance of twisting. You could also use ActionScript to control the rotation of the rod and create a more realistic twisting effect.

Here is a basic step-by-step guide on how to create a twisting effect using a motion tween:

1. Start by drawing your rod in the starting position, with one end fixed and the other end free to twist.

2. Right-click on the rod and select "Convert to Symbol" to turn it into a movie clip.

3. Double-click on the movie clip to enter its timeline.

4. Create a keyframe at the end of the timeline by right-clicking and selecting "Insert Keyframe".

5. Rotate the rod in this keyframe to the desired twisted position.

6. Right-click on the starting keyframe and select "Create Motion Tween".

7. Test your animation by pressing Ctrl+Enter (Windows) or Command+Enter (Mac).

You can also experiment with adding easing to the motion tween to make the twisting effect more fluid and realistic.

I hope this helps you achieve the twisting effect you are looking for. If you have any further questions or need clarification, don't hesitate to ask. Good luck with your project!

1. How do I put a twisting effect on Flash?

To put a twisting effect on Flash, you will need to use the Motion Tween feature. First, create the object you want to apply the effect to and place it on the stage. Then, right-click on the object and select Create Motion Tween. Next, use the Free Transform Tool to rotate the object in the direction you want. Finally, test the animation to see if the twisting effect is to your liking.

2. Can I adjust the speed of the twisting effect?

Yes, you can adjust the speed of the twisting effect by changing the duration of the Motion Tween. Simply click on the first frame of the Motion Tween and drag it to the desired length. The longer the duration, the slower the twisting effect will be.

3. How can I control the direction of the twisting effect?

To control the direction of the twisting effect, you will need to use the Free Transform Tool. Once you have created a Motion Tween, click on the object and use the green dot to rotate it in the desired direction. You can also use the Properties panel to input a specific angle of rotation.

4. Can I apply the twisting effect to multiple objects at once?

Yes, you can apply the twisting effect to multiple objects at once by selecting all of the objects you want to apply the effect to. Then, right-click and select Create Motion Tween. The objects will now rotate together in the same direction.

5. Is there a way to adjust the center point of the twisting effect?

Yes, you can adjust the center point of the twisting effect by using the Registration point. This is the small crosshair in the center of the object. To change the center point, click and drag the registration point to a new location. This will change the rotation point for the twisting effect.