Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Aerospace Help in ansys APDL

1. Feb 9, 2012 #1
    i am new to the APDL in ansys and i need some basic books or sites to learn APDL

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 5, 2012 #2
    I have modeled in ansys now i want it's apdl coding from that model.how can i get it?

4. Mar 10, 2012 #3
    open Ansys, file -> List -> Log File

5. Mar 19, 2012 #4
    i have modeled 8 layer shell beam. in ansys i want stress and strain in each ply, how will i get it.

6. Mar 19, 2012 #5
    after the solution is done, select "General Postproc->plot result->contour plot" to see the cloud pictures or select "General Postproc->list result->Nodal Solution (or Element Solution)" to see the data.

7. Mar 28, 2012 #6
    i have modeled 8 layer shell beam. in ansys i want stress and strain in each ply, how will i get it.
    "General Postproc->list result->Nodal Solution (or Element Solution)" with this i am getting thousands of element stresses
    But i want only SMX(maximum stress), SMN(min.stress),deflection on 8 layer.
    how to get that?

8. Mar 28, 2012 #7
    OK, if you are using Ansys Workbench, the SMX and SMN are automatically listed. While in Ansys Classic, u can use Matlab to deal with the data to find the SMX and SMN

9. Mar 29, 2012 #8
    1) i have modeled 8 layer shell beam. in ansys i want stress and strain in each ply, how will i get it.
    "General Postproc->list result->Nodal Solution (or Element Solution)" with this i am getting thousands of element stresses
    But i want only SMX(maximum stress), SMN(min.stress),deflection on 8 layer.
    how to get that?

2Ans)=OK, if you are using Ansys Workbench, the SMX and SMN are automatically listed. While in Ansys Classic, u can use Matlab to deal with the data to find the SMX and SMN

1)HOW? i.e please tell me the step how model deal with MATLAB?

10. Apr 19, 2012 #9
    i want to run ANSYS using matlab.
    so how intrface these?
    plz.tell me

11. Dec 5, 2012 #10
    gravity spring in ansys

Dear friends,
    how can define gravity spring in fluid80(ansys)? or that is a default in this element?
    regards

12. May 14, 2013 #11
    Dear friends.
    I have created a model (woven fabric) for my projects and include in matrix box in order to get the stress strain curve. Unfortunately I can’t get it and errors keep on occur (this model requires more scratch space than currently available). I have already done the element type, Boolean operation (glue) between woven fabric and matrix box, material properties and element meshing. I am doing structure analysis on my model. Kindly could anyone please give me any suggestion for this problem? Thank you in advance.
    Regards.

13. Aug 29, 2016 #12
    HI,
    i was using ANSYS APDL 12 and there was a "design opt" in the main menu tree to the left. it s for design optimization. however now i built my model in ansys apdl 15 but there s no longer "design opt" in it. any ideas how to apply design optimization in apdl 15??
    thanks

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted