Help in assessement please

• Thread starter hadibuma
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

I'm doing an assessment for a mechanical Engineering Subject that im study for my last year of diploma and i need to get a high GPA this course so i can get into the scholarships program for the Bachelor Degree so i need to my best at this final assessment and could use all the help i can get with answer these questions .

1- Draw a general block diagram to represent any control system clearly identifying each element of the system and the names of the signals being transmitted

2- Draw a block diagram to show how directional control is achieved with a motor car.

3- With the aid of suitable examples (one in each case), explain the difference between On-Off and Continuous Control.

4- Briefly explain why the response of some control systems can be oscillatory and how this can be overcome.

5- In control system terminology, explain what is meant by the term " Offset Error" ? illustrate your answer with a suitable example .

6- How can " Offset Error" be eliminated in a control system? illustrate your answer with a suitable example .

Answers and Replies

Sure, have you got any ideas yourself to kick off with?

dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Maybe you should start here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Control_systems" [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
No one can teach you control system basics on a forum, read Feedback Control Systems (5th Edition) by Charles L Phillips. You can get a digital version on CourseSmart rather cheap.

this attachment show something about the subject...
please if anyone can help

Attachments

Perhaps you should start by answering Studiots question and reading the indicated texts.

Posting the additional PDF doesn't change the initial responses.