Help in downloading animation

• Thread starter moe_3_moe
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Animation
In summary, the conversation discusses the dilemma of using an animation from a website in a project. The website in question is a Java program that creates the animation and is most likely under copyright. The solution proposed is to use a program like Camtasia to capture the animation, but it is advised to ask for permission and give proper credit to the creator. The code needed to embed the animation on a different site is also provided.
moe_3_moe
hi .. i ahve to use an animation from a website in my project. i was trying to download or save the web ...it didn't include the animation...anyway to let it work if i am offline.
http://www.colorado.edu/physics/2000/bec/what_is_it.html
here is the animation

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
That is because it is a Java program that creates it, not a simple image. Since it is a program it is probably under some kind of copyright. You could always contact the creator of it.

You can use a program like Camtasia (free trial) to capture the animation. But you should give it some thought because you would be effectively stealing content from someone else.

heres the code you would need to put it on your site... (with actually leaving the content on their site and having them host it... lol)

Code:
<APPLET CODE="bec.DiscreteLevels" CODEBASE="[PLAIN]http://www.colorado.edu/physics/2000/applets"[/PLAIN]  WIDTH="300" HEIGHT="360"></APPLET>

but yeah.. you would basically be stealing content. you should probably ask first and then put some sort of reference.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. How do I download animation files?

To download animation files, you can either right-click on the download link and select "Save link as", or left-click on the download link and choose a destination folder on your computer to save the file.

2. Why is my animation download taking so long?

The download speed of animation files can vary depending on your internet connection and the size of the file. If you have a slow internet connection, it may take longer to download the file. Additionally, larger files will take longer to download compared to smaller files.

3. Can I download animation files on my mobile device?

Yes, you can download animation files on your mobile device as long as you have a stable internet connection and enough storage space on your device. You can use a mobile browser to access the download link and follow the same steps as downloading on a computer.

4. How do I know if my animation download is complete?

Once the download is complete, you will usually see a notification or a pop-up message on your screen. You can also check the download folder on your computer or device to see if the file has been successfully downloaded.

5. Can I pause and resume my animation download?

In most cases, you can pause and resume your animation download. However, this will depend on the source of the download and the download manager you are using. Some websites or download managers may not support resuming downloads, so it is best to check beforehand.