How to change Spanish phrases into the negative form?

• Thread starter courtrigrad
  • Start date
In summary, changing Spanish phrases into the negative form involves replacing key words like "always" with "never" and "something" with "nothing." Accents are also important in Spanish for proper meaning and pronunciation.
courtrigrad
Hello all

How do you change spanish phrases into the negative form? Are there any rules? for example:

1. El siempre trae algo a la fiesta (change to negative)
2. Carlota lee mas que alguien.
3. Frecuentemente visitamos a los vecinos.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Negative form? I suppose that you mean to change the phase from positive meaning to negative, in that case:

1) Él siempre trae algo a la fiesta ->
Él nunca trae nada a la fiesta.

He never brings nothing to the party.

I changed "siempre" (always) for "nunca" (never), and "algo" (something) to "nada" (nothing).

2) Carlota lee más que álguien ->
Carlota lee menos que nadie.

Carlota reads less than anyone.

I changed "más" (more) to "menos" (less), and "álguien" (someone) to "nadie" (anyone).

3) Frecuentemente visitamos a los vecinos ->
Casi nunca visitamos a los vecinos.

We visit our neighbours almost never.

I changed "frecuentemente" (frecuently) to "casi nunca" (almost never). See that we put "Casi nunca" at the begining. Obviously you can say put it at the end, but in that case you have to say:

No visitamos a los vecinos casi nunca.

Rules? Well, maybe there are rules... I can't remember it, I only know spanish ;)

Note that in spanish, accents are very important because they tell you where is the entonation in that word, and there are many words with different meaning depending on its accent. For example, "más" with accent means more, but "mas" without it, is like "pero", which meaning is "but".

I'm glad to help with my language, the better I can ;)

Bye

Last edited:
Thanks a lot

What is the translation for "help" in Spanish?

The translation for "help" in Spanish is "ayuda".

How do you say "Can you help me?" in Spanish?

The phrase "Can you help me?" in Spanish is "¿Puedes ayudarme?"

What is the meaning of "ayuda" in English?

The meaning of "ayuda" in English is "help".

Are there different ways to ask for help in Spanish?

Yes, there are different ways to ask for help in Spanish. Some other common phrases include "Necesito ayuda" (I need help) and "Me puedes ayudar?" (Can you help me?).

Do Spanish speakers use any specific hand gestures to ask for help?

Yes, Spanish speakers may use the "help" gesture, which involves holding one hand up with the palm facing out and making a slight upward movement with the fingers.