Help in undrstanding this solution

• Thread starter transgalactic
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a ball with insignificant mass being thrown at an angle beta from the top of a slope and how many times it will bounce on the slope. The solution involves calculating the time it takes for the ball to travel from the top to the bottom of the slope, and then using absolute value equations which may not make sense.
transgalactic
i got a ball with insignificant mass which is being thrown in angle beta
from the top of a slope
how much times this ball will bounce on this slope??

i understand the solution till some point
from which i don't understand what are they doing?

http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/745/28160523vc9.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
When the ball bounces, the x component of its velocity is unchanged, and the y component changes sign (from negative to positive). Then, with these initial conditions, it just follows the usual parabolic trajectory until the next bounce.

so by your words i can understand that their X axes is parralel to the slope
and the y axex is perpandicular to it.

in that case y cannot be negative.

first the constructed equations for the flight in X axes and Y axes
and the calculated the time which took the object from the lift of
to the landing.

after that they give a weird absolute value equations
why??

transgalactic said:
i got a ball with insignificant mass which is being thrown in angle beta
from the top of a slope
how much times this ball will bounce on this slope??

i understand the solution till some point
from which i don't understand what are they doing?

http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/745/28160523vc9.gif

The solution does not make sense to me. Where did you get it from? They seem to assume that the value of Vy at each bounce is the same but that does not make sense since the force of gravity will accelerate the particle.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is the purpose of "Help in understanding this solution"?

The purpose of "Help in understanding this solution" is to provide assistance and clarification to individuals who are struggling to comprehend a particular solution. This could be in the context of a scientific study, experiment, or problem solving in general.

2. Who can benefit from "Help in understanding this solution"?

Anyone who is having difficulty understanding a specific solution can benefit from this resource. This could include students, researchers, or even professionals who are seeking a better understanding of a complex problem or concept.

3. How does "Help in understanding this solution" work?

"Help in understanding this solution" typically involves breaking down the solution into smaller, more manageable steps and providing clear explanations and examples. It may also involve the use of visual aids or interactive activities to aid in understanding.

4. Is "Help in understanding this solution" a substitute for seeking help from a teacher or mentor?

No, "Help in understanding this solution" should not be seen as a substitute for seeking help from a teacher or mentor. It can be a useful supplement, but it is always important to seek guidance from a knowledgeable and experienced individual who can provide personalized support and feedback.

5. How can I find "Help in understanding this solution" for a specific topic or problem?

You can find "Help in understanding this solution" by searching online for resources related to your specific topic or problem. There are also many educational websites, forums, and online communities where you can seek assistance and clarification from experts or other individuals who may have a better understanding of the solution you are struggling with.