HELP info on ADC/DAC

1. Please i need other types of ADC/DAC converters apart from the single/dual slope converters. or info of which website will be helpful.
  2. jcsd
  3. chroot

chroot 10,351
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You just want a list of different kinds of converters?

How about:

- Flash
    - Successive approximation (SAR)
    - Delta-Sigma
    - Pipeline
    - Folded Pipeline

- Warren
  4. berkeman

Staff: Mentor

I googled tutorial analog digital converter, and got lots of useful hits. Here's the first hit at the top of the list:

PS -- I'm going to have to look up that folded pipeline topology that chroot mentions....sounds interesting....
  5. thanks berkeman, i found them but those are just examples of adc i would still search for the dac's also chroot thanks for the list but can u place Delta, Sigma Pipeline, Folded Pipeline in thier categories?
  6. berkeman

Staff: Mentor

ebebest, I think what we are trying to do is give you a few keywords so that you can do a little google searching for yourself to answer your own homework question. That is a skill that you will need to develop in your schoolwork. Try googling the terms that chroot has given you, and put them in the categories yourself...

Also, another way to approach the question is to go to a manufacturer of ADC and DAC components, and look for selector guides and application notes, and check out a few datasheets. Here is one example of such a manufacturer:
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thead via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?