Help with Bike Indicator Circuit Project using 6 LEDs

• Thread starter Maxer
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Circuit
In summary, the author is trying to create a sequence of LED's that will light up in a controlled manner using a switch. He does not know if his circuit will work, and asks a friend to check it out.
Maxer
this project is for my bike indicators in the rear with 6 led's
it needs to make 2 sequences as they light up controlled witha switch
here are the sequences
what i am tring to do is have a sequnce LED flash rather then just on and off... here is what i want
Oooooo
OOoooo
OOOooo
OOOOoo
OOOOOo
OOOOOO
then back to
Oooooo
and when mode pin is connected to Pin 4 V+ on LM3914
it should have a different sequence like this
Oooooo
oOoooo
ooOooo
oooOoo
ooooOo
oooooO
and i will add a small switch on the project box i place the circuit in. and the box will be placed in my trunk i can change it periodicaly if i want to.. or have the switch in another place in the front but not sure yet.
Now my circuit is done but i don;t know if it will work..
can you check it out see if you think it might not work?
flasher wire is the wire that's in the rear right now it provides a pluse from factory flasher. so i used transistors as switches...
some one else made this circut for me so i really don't know the values of the resistors and everything
Thanks
max
http://www.electro-tech-online.com/files/lm3914_sequencer_107_105.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Didn't take a lot of time to look it over but the one thing I noticed is that the PNP transistor that has its base hooked to the NPN transistor will most likely have the base emitter juction reverse biased to 12 volts at one time or another. A 3906 will not tolerate a reverse voltage this high on the base emitter junction. I think it's around 6 volts. This is not an uncommon design error. Although some circuits are configured so the base emmiter junction is NEVER reverse biased, those that are often time get overvoltaged.

Just a thought; maybe I'm missing something but...

Why not simplify the input signal circuit with the flasher output feeding through an adjustable resistor to a capacitor, connected to input pin 5? The resistor can be set to give a full scan within the flasher cycle. A second resistor to ground can bleed it to 0 quickly between flashes.

1. How does the bike indicator circuit project work?

The bike indicator circuit project uses 6 LED lights to signal turns and changes in direction while riding a bike. The circuit is connected to the bike's battery and is controlled by a switch that the rider can activate to turn on the appropriate LED lights.

2. What materials are needed to build the bike indicator circuit project?

To build the bike indicator circuit project, you will need 6 LED lights, a switch, resistors, wires, a breadboard, and a battery. You may also need a soldering iron and solder to connect the components together, as well as a circuit diagram to guide the assembly process.

3. Can I customize the circuit to use more or less than 6 LED lights?

Yes, the circuit can be customized to use more or less than 6 LED lights. However, the number of LED lights will affect the overall design and may require different components and a different circuit diagram. It is important to carefully plan and test the circuit before making any modifications.

4. How long will the LED lights last on a single battery charge?

This will depend on the type and capacity of the battery used, as well as the power consumption of the LED lights. Generally, LED lights are energy-efficient and can last for several hours on a single charge. It is recommended to use a rechargeable battery to reduce waste and save money on replacements.

5. Is this project suitable for beginners in electronics?

The bike indicator circuit project can be a fun and educational project for beginners in electronics. However, some basic knowledge of electronics and circuitry is required to understand and successfully build the project. It may also be helpful to have guidance from someone with more experience, such as a teacher or mentor.