Help KVL and KCL SOLVED PROBLEMS

• Thread starter rockerboi
  • Start date
help!!! KVL and KCL SOLVED PROBLEMS!!!

undefinedundefinedundefined

I need some websites of solved problems containing KCL and KVL in a simple DC circuit...please post some links!!! thanks!!

Ouabache

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Welcome to our forum!! The best thing to do is submit a problem that you are currently working on. Show us how you have gone about solving it and where you are stuck.

sorry but i don't have any more problems about KVL and KCL.. that's why I'm looking for sites with sample problems and solutions...I hope somebody knows a site about that..

enigma

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
What are KCL and KVL?

berkeman

Mentor
enigma said:
What are KCL and KVL?
They're Kirchoff's (sp?) voltage and current summing laws. They're what you use to solve basic circuit problems. The KVL says that the sum of all the voltage drops around a closed loop has to equal zero. The KCL says that the net current out of a node has to equal zero. Using one or the other form lets you write simultaneuous equations for the currents and voltages in a circuit, in order to solve for unknown currents and voltages. For example, you generally use the KCL form to solve for the transfer function of opamp circuits (where you use the simplifying assumption that the high gain of the opamp keeps its two input terminals at the same voltage via the feedback circuit).

rockerboi -- I googled kcl kvl problems solved and got lots of hits. Try that and see if some of those websites have what you need.

enigma

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Ah yes. I've done them... I just hadn't seen the acronym before.

Ouabache

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
enigma said:
Ah yes. I've done them... I just hadn't seen the acronym before.
I thought perhaps you were just using good mentoring skills, asking rockerboi to explain in his/her own words, extent of understanding KVL and KCL :wink:

KVL and KCL are usually used in engineering books--- but physics books always call them closed loop and junction rules respectively.

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
If you think you understand the rules, you could try writing your own problems: doing such a thing properly can be a very instructive exercise.