Help KVL and KCL SOLVED PROBLEMS

• Thread starter rockerboi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Kcl Kvl
In summary, Rockerboi says that if you want to learn more about KVL and KCL, you should google them and look for problems that have been solved. He also says that if you're having trouble understanding the concepts, trying to write your own problems can be a helpful way to learn.
rockerboi
help! KVL and KCL SOLVED PROBLEMS!

undefinedundefinedundefined

I need some websites of solved problems containing KCL and KVL in a simple DC circuit...please post some links! thanks!

Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to our forum! The best thing to do is submit a problem that you are currently working on. Show us how you have gone about solving it and where you are stuck.

sorry but i don't have any more problems about KVL and KCL.. that's why I'm looking for sites with sample problems and solutions...I hope somebody knows a site about that..

What are KCL and KVL?

enigma said:
What are KCL and KVL?
They're Kirchoff's (sp?) voltage and current summing laws. They're what you use to solve basic circuit problems. The KVL says that the sum of all the voltage drops around a closed loop has to equal zero. The KCL says that the net current out of a node has to equal zero. Using one or the other form let's you write simultaneuous equations for the currents and voltages in a circuit, in order to solve for unknown currents and voltages. For example, you generally use the KCL form to solve for the transfer function of opamp circuits (where you use the simplifying assumption that the high gain of the opamp keeps its two input terminals at the same voltage via the feedback circuit).

rockerboi -- I googled kcl kvl problems solved and got lots of hits. Try that and see if some of those websites have what you need.

Ah yes. I've done them... I just hadn't seen the acronym before.

enigma said:
Ah yes. I've done them... I just hadn't seen the acronym before.

I thought perhaps you were just using good mentoring skills, asking rockerboi to explain in his/her own words, extent of understanding KVL and KCL :wink:

KVL and KCL are usually used in engineering books--- but physics books always call them closed loop and junction rules respectively.

If you think you understand the rules, you could try writing your own problems: doing such a thing properly can be a very instructive exercise.

1. What is KVL and KCL?

KVL (Kirchhoff's Voltage Law) and KCL (Kirchhoff's Current Law) are fundamental laws in electrical engineering that help analyze and solve complex circuits. KVL states that the sum of all voltage drops in a closed loop is equal to the sum of all voltage sources in that loop. KCL states that the sum of all currents entering and exiting a node in a circuit must be equal to zero.

2. Why are KVL and KCL important in solving problems?

KVL and KCL are important because they are the basis for understanding and analyzing electrical circuits. By applying these laws, we can determine unknown voltages and currents in a circuit and ensure that the circuit is functioning correctly.

3. How do I apply KVL and KCL to solve problems?

To apply KVL and KCL, you first need to draw the circuit and label all the known values. Then, you can use KVL to write an equation for the sum of voltage drops in a loop and KCL to write an equation for the sum of currents at a node. Finally, you can solve the resulting equations to find the unknown values.

4. Are there any limitations to KVL and KCL?

Yes, there are limitations to KVL and KCL. These laws assume that the components in a circuit are ideal and do not take into account factors such as resistance, capacitance, and inductance. Additionally, KCL assumes that all currents are flowing in a single plane and that there is no leakage or magnetic coupling between components.

5. Can KVL and KCL be used in all types of circuits?

Yes, KVL and KCL can be used in all types of circuits, including DC and AC circuits. However, for more complex circuits, other laws and techniques such as Thevenin's and Norton's theorems may also be needed to solve the problem.