Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help KVL and KCL SOLVED PROBLEMS

1. Jul 22, 2005 #1
    help!!! KVL and KCL SOLVED PROBLEMS!!!

undefinedundefinedundefined

I need some websites of solved problems containing KCL and KVL in a simple DC circuit...please post some links!!! thanks!!

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 22, 2005 #2

Ouabache

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Welcome to our forum!! The best thing to do is submit a problem that you are currently working on. Show us how you have gone about solving it and where you are stuck.

4. Jul 25, 2005 #3
    sorry but i don't have any more problems about KVL and KCL.. that's why I'm looking for sites with sample problems and solutions...I hope somebody knows a site about that..

5. Jul 25, 2005 #4

enigma

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What are KCL and KVL?

6. Jul 25, 2005 #5

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

They're Kirchoff's (sp?) voltage and current summing laws. They're what you use to solve basic circuit problems. The KVL says that the sum of all the voltage drops around a closed loop has to equal zero. The KCL says that the net current out of a node has to equal zero. Using one or the other form lets you write simultaneuous equations for the currents and voltages in a circuit, in order to solve for unknown currents and voltages. For example, you generally use the KCL form to solve for the transfer function of opamp circuits (where you use the simplifying assumption that the high gain of the opamp keeps its two input terminals at the same voltage via the feedback circuit).

rockerboi -- I googled kcl kvl problems solved and got lots of hits. Try that and see if some of those websites have what you need.

7. Jul 25, 2005 #6

enigma

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ah yes. I've done them... I just hadn't seen the acronym before.

8. Jul 26, 2005 #7

Ouabache

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I thought perhaps you were just using good mentoring skills, asking rockerboi to explain in his/her own words, extent of understanding KVL and KCL :wink:

9. Jul 28, 2005 #8
    KVL and KCL are usually used in engineering books--- but physics books always call them closed loop and junction rules respectively.

10. Jul 28, 2005 #9

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If you think you understand the rules, you could try writing your own problems: doing such a thing properly can be a very instructive exercise.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?