Help with Loops & Currents for Exam Revision

In summary, the conversation is about someone struggling with loop currents while revising for an exam. They were having trouble with a specific example from a website and kept getting the wrong sign for equations. They ask for help and someone asks to see what they have done. The person eventually figures out their mistake and thanks the other person for their reply.
Quadrophenia
Help - Loops Currents. :(

hey there I'm revising for an exam and i can't really do loop currents
i was trying to do this sum http://mathonweb.com/help/backgd4.htm (example2) but kept getting the rong sign for equations (for shared resistors):( could someone please explain to me!
thanx in advance.:cry:

Engineering news on Phys.org
Can you show what you've done? Maybe we can help then.

Regards

P.S. Welcome to PF.

alright thanx..i'm sorted now..i was making a silly mistake.. of not adding the current since they were in teh same directions! we've done example of the opposite so that's why i subtracting :) thanks for the reply.

What are loops and currents in relation to exam revision?

Loops and currents are important concepts in physics that involve the flow of electricity. In simple terms, a loop is a closed path through which an electric current can flow, while a current is the rate at which electric charge moves through a conductor.

How are loops and currents relevant to exam revision?

Understanding loops and currents is crucial for success in physics exams, as they are fundamental concepts in electricity and magnetism. Knowledge of these concepts is necessary for solving problems and analyzing circuits.

What are some common techniques for solving loop and current problems?

There are several techniques that can be used to solve loop and current problems, including Kirchhoff's laws, Ohm's law, and the use of circuit analysis software. It is important to practice and become familiar with these techniques before the exam.

What are some common mistakes to avoid when working with loops and currents?

One common mistake is forgetting to consider the direction of the current in a loop, which can lead to incorrect calculations. It is also important to remember to apply Kirchhoff's laws correctly and to double-check calculations for accuracy.

How can I improve my understanding of loops and currents for exam revision?

To improve your understanding, it is important to review the basic principles and equations related to loops and currents. Practice solving different types of problems and seek help from teachers or tutors if needed. It may also be helpful to use visual aids, such as diagrams or circuit simulations, to better understand these concepts.