• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Help Making A Matrix in Latex?

• Thread starter azdang
  • Start date
Help Making A Matrix in Latex??

Hi, I need to make an nxn square matrix using Latex with 1's starting in the bottom left all the way up to the top right on that sort of opposite diagonal. I can't figure out to do it. Can anyone help? Thank you.

Answers and Replies

tiny-tim
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Hi azdang! :smile:

See http://www.physics.udel.edu/~dubois/lshort2e/node56.html#SECTION00850000000000000000 [Broken] :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi Tiny Tin, thanks for the website. I have a few websites that I look at often for Latex help, but I haven't come across anything helpful. I have no trouble making normal diagonal matrices, but I don't know how to only get elements in positions [tex]a_{(n,1)},a_{(n-1,2)},a_{(n-2,3)},...a_{(1,n)}[/tex].

And I don't want any vertical dots or anything because all other elements are zero. The only place I would want dots would be on this reverse diagonal in between elements [tex]a_{n,1}[/tex] and [tex]a_{1,n}[/tex] to indicate that \lambda is along this diagonal.

tiny-tim
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Hi Tiny Tin, thanks for the website. I have a few websites that I look at often for Latex help, but I haven't come across anything helpful. I have no trouble making normal diagonal matrices, but I don't know how to only get elements in positions [tex]a_{(n,1)},a_{(n-1,2)},a_{(n-2,3)},...a_{(1,n)}[/tex]
:rolleyes:
look at the link!​