Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help making Einstein Graphic Tee

1. Jun 9, 2013 #1
    So, I'm a big fan of this t-shirt...

http://www.redbubble.com/people/chu...print_location=front&ref=shop_grid&style=mens

However, I don't feel anyone should have to pay $30+ (after shipping) for a t-shirt. I've tried making pretty much the same image on one of these custom t-shirt sites, however whenever I add the image, the t-shirt color on the websites is a different shade of black from the one I use. Therefore, my shirt looks has a square outline of where the image was added. I've tried matching the colors, however I did not prevail. Can any one with better skills at photo editing point me in the right direction / how to get this for less money.. Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 11, 2013 #2

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Can you make the black color "transparent", then save in a format (like .png) that supports transparency?
    Software like Photoshop or GIMP or ImageMagick can do this... there are probably online tools that can also do this.

4. Jun 15, 2013 #3
    That exact same design is also on Society6 and the base price is lower there.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook