Physics Help for Armageddon Movie Assignment - MIR Space Station Troubles

• Thread starter killjoy
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation was about a student seeking help with a physics assignment on the movie Armageddon. The student's teacher had assigned an extra credit assignment on the "MIR" space station and the student was struggling with it. They had a good understanding of two parts of the assignment, but needed help with the third part. The student had tried to solve it, but their class had not yet covered the necessary material. The conversation ended with the student thanking the experts for their help and mentioning that the EC was due the next day.
killjoy
First off i would really like to thank anyone and everyone who can help me I am sure it is not that hard of a problem but I am just starting physics so i do not have that great of an understanding of it

Im sure many of you have heard of the movie arrmoggeden and the horribal physics that come with it but more to the point, My "Wonderful" teacher just reacntly assigned an EC. assignment on it actully there where 3 parts but the one I am having trouble with is the one on the "MIR" space station. I've got a pretty good grip on the two.

Any help would be appricteated
the websit for the assignment is :http://www.intuitor.com/moviephysics/
then from there scroll to Movie physics in the class room click
the arrmageddon and
than click Movie-minilab

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi killjoy,

Have you given the assignment a try?

What formulas or equations do you think might apply?

yes i have tried put our class hasent learned about it becuse it is EC. (extra credit) We have only bugun to study all of Newtons laws we have just finshed the 3 one. maby it has some thing to do with equal and opposite reaction but to tell you the truth i have know idea

plus thank you for your message

Originally posted by killjoy
yes i have tried put our class hasent learned about it becuse it is EC. (extra credit) We have only bugun to study all of Newtons laws we have just finshed the 3 one. maby it has some thing to do with equal and opposite reaction but to tell you the truth i have know idea
If the problem is the one titled "Mir Artificial Gravity Analysis", then the description tells you what you need to learn. Read up on circular motion and centripetal acceleration.

Thanks

The EC is due tomorrow so oh well but thanks to you guys. and about those diffeent types of motion i tried working with my teacher and she said to just wait until we study it in class btu thanks i looked over the different type and its tuff but thanks

What causes baldness?

Baldness, also known as alopecia, is most commonly caused by genetics and hormonal changes. Other factors that can contribute to baldness include stress, poor nutrition, and certain medical conditions.

Can baldness be prevented?

While there is no guaranteed way to prevent baldness, there are steps you can take to promote hair growth and reduce the risk of hair loss. Maintaining a healthy diet, managing stress, and avoiding harsh hair treatments can all help to prevent hair loss.

Is there a cure for baldness?

Currently, there is no known cure for baldness. However, there are various treatments available that can help slow down or even reverse hair loss, such as medication, laser therapy, and hair transplant surgery.

At what age do most people start experiencing baldness?

Baldness can occur at any age, but it is more commonly seen in men over the age of 50. Women may also experience hair loss as they age, typically starting in their 40s or 50s.

Is baldness a sign of poor health?

Baldness itself is not a sign of poor health. However, certain underlying health conditions, such as thyroid disorders or autoimmune diseases, can contribute to hair loss. If you are concerned about your hair loss, it is best to consult with a healthcare professional to determine the cause.