1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help me decide what to study?

1. May 18, 2010 #1
    Got the biggest headache. Hate the position where I am in my life and the way I'm doing things. sigh...
    I am 21 and have no idea what to do with my life. I know I have to and that I want to graduate from college. The major? I have no idea! I've read all kinds of blogs saying what to do according to what i enjoy doing or what am i good at but I just don't know.

I know that i am not a good at chemistry, even though i got an A in CHEM1 in my first semester in a community college I know that I just don't know the stuff. I never thought of myself as being good in math but. . after 5 years I took pre calculus in college and did pretty good, an A.
    I know that I want nothing to do with chemistry.
    I also have to recognize my very low interpersonal skills, my zero interest in politic and finances. When I think of a field I can right away state why I am not a good prospect to be succesfull in it. When I think of health care for instance i know i never care about a sick person, ( i care about sick animals though) and also I have never showed interest in medications or anything. I hate how hospitals smell but find that I'm strong enough to see a leg chopped off with no problems. I thought of graphic design but i have nothing for my poratfolio. I don't even know how to use the basic programs for design. Being the youngest in my house, however, I am considered by my parents and siblings "good with computers" (I'm not, i know very basic stuff). I love dogs. I can truly say i rather play with dogs than talk with people but to be a vet it's late now, I'm already 21. I once had a job of selling perfumes and I recognize i was really bad at it. Since i'm shy i couldn't go after a costumer and convince him to buy my product. hmm..Oh! I recognize that I have great costumer service experience and I think I'm good at it ,as i've received compliments from costumers at the restaurant where i work. and what else? a psychologist? as i said before... my interpersonal skills suck. I have a couple of friends but couldn't care less about their personal problems. Of course I know i am a bad friend but they still talk to me for some reason. who knows. Oh! and also I am very shy with people, more if they're around my age.
    What should I study???

2. jcsd
  3. May 18, 2010 #2
    Girls. When you get older you'll wish you had studied the subject more.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook