Discover the Versatile Chemical with Changing Polarity | Find Help Here

• Thread starter BTruesdell07
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Chemical
In summary, the chemical formula for water is H2O, and the chemical name for table salt is sodium chloride (NaCl). To find a chemical's molecular weight, you can use a periodic table or chemical databases. The difference between an element and a compound is that an element is made up of one type of atom, while a compound is made up of two or more different elements. To find the chemical structure of a specific compound, you can use chemical databases or drawing software.
BTruesdell07
Is there a chemical that when heated its polarity changes?

Chemistry news on Phys.org
Polarity? I don't know what you mean - electronic dipole moment? Steroisomerism?

Dipole moment is not affected by temperate.

Last edited:
Perhaps he/she is referring to the orientation of the individual molecule itself with respect to its symmetry properties, in that sense you may want to consider heating a rubber band, although I don't know if this would be the best example.

1. What is the chemical formula for water?

The chemical formula for water is H2O, which means that it is composed of two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom.

2. What is the chemical name for table salt?

The chemical name for table salt is sodium chloride (NaCl), which is a compound made up of one sodium ion and one chloride ion.

3. How can I find a chemical's molecular weight?

To find a chemical's molecular weight, you can use a periodic table to determine the atomic weight of each element in the compound and then calculate the total sum of all the atomic weights.

4. What is the difference between an element and a compound?

An element is a pure substance made up of only one type of atom, while a compound is a substance made up of two or more different elements chemically bonded together.

5. How can I find the chemical structure of a specific compound?

You can use various chemical databases, such as PubChem or ChemSpider, to search for a specific compound and view its chemical structure. Alternatively, you can also use chemical drawing software to create the structure yourself.