Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help me find a new avatar

1. Feb 8, 2005 #1

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

My computer crashed a couple of weeks ago, and I lost everything, including all of the little avatar files I had downloaded ( I only used 2 or 3). Can anyone give me some links to a new avatar? I have no idea what I want, so just surprise me! A pregnant nun might be most appropriate since I am part of the PF sistahood and expecting... :rofl:

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 8, 2005 #2

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

4. Feb 8, 2005 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Kerrie expecting, WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: :approve:

5. Feb 8, 2005 #4

Evo

6. Feb 8, 2005 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

7. Feb 8, 2005 #6

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

i don't have photoshop, but if someone else has it and wants to have fun, i'm up for it!

8. Feb 8, 2005 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Kerrie,
    You're due in September right? A little baby Libra? I've got a few adaptations based on your current avatar (and changed the color scheme so you match the green title now :biggrin:), and then a cute little cartoon I was able to modify. Sorry, couldn't do the pregnant nun thing...some skeeeeerrrrryyyy pictures when I tried searching for that. :rofl:

Attached Files:

9. Feb 8, 2005 #8
    Here's one I find interesting and powerful;

[​IMG]
    I may have mowed this woman's lawn just prior to a séance...

Here's one a bit more masculine;

[​IMG]

I had been tinkering and touching up this next one some months ago for possible use as a future avatar. I doubt you'd want it, although you're welcome to it, but thought I'd showcase it here for the halibut;

[​IMG]

I would like to show a couple more but they're borderline rated.

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image

10. Feb 9, 2005 #9
    :!!) A baby!!!!!!! Wow, I am so habby for you Kerrie, beside myself with joy, actually, to tell the truth :biggrin: . Habby habby!!!!

To make up for my lack of presents/avatar, I will tell you what I saw last night on t.v. It was a PRC talk show on modern women, their life stories and choices that they have to make etc. One of the guests being interviewed was the current chess champion and she has a two year old. And this is the interesting part - this little darling apparently is more famous than the mother in their neighbourhood for he/she can identify at the tender age of 2, around 1,000 Chinese characters and has his/her newspaper reading session everyday in the early afternoon. All this is done by wallpapering "word cards (with pictures)" in his/her room. My guess is at this rate he/she will be able to read the equivalent of Lord of the Ring at 4/5. Isn't that amazing?

Super babies, YES!! :smile: :biggrin:

11. Feb 9, 2005 #10

Astronuc

How about: :biggrin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Feb 9, 2005 #11

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

haha astro, great pregnant nun picture! don't know if i can shrink it however to the pixel size required though...

polly, i love chinese characters actually, just don't know what means what! that's quite a story...

BH, those images are verrry creative :surprised

moon, not sure when my due date is yet, i should have a better idea within the week once i get an ultrasound, we are thinking mid sept (virgo) at this point. i like how you attached the glyphs together though.

and of course tom thinks his is cool :cool:

13. Feb 9, 2005 #12

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Kerrie, CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!111
    Very happy for you. :smile:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2005
  14. Feb 9, 2005 #13

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh, right, I was thinking September was Libra, but I guess I mostly know people born near the end of September. I can try to do a Virgo version of the glyphs if you like the idea, and then when the baby is born, you'll be covered whether he/she comes early or late. :smile:

Make sure your air-conditioning is working well in the house, you're going to be in your last trimester during the hottest months of the year (at least if your husband doesn't like freezing, he can go outside to warm up when you keep turning the thermostat down). But it also means the baby shower can be ice cream sundaes by the poolside! :biggrin:

15. Feb 9, 2005 #14

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Okay, one Virgo baby coming up! :biggrin:

Attached Files:

16. Feb 10, 2005 #15

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

i settled on a lotus avatar since i think they are absolutely beautiful!

17. Feb 10, 2005 #16

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That is a very pretty avatar, and now you're all color-coordinated too. It goes very nicely with the green title. :approve:

18. Feb 10, 2005 #17

Astronuc

We'll call you - Moonflower. :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?