Find a SiC Heater for PLD System

In summary, someone is seeking help in finding a replacement SiC heater for their lab's PLD system. They mention that the PLD was bought from a Japanese company who is not willing to disclose the source of the heater. The person asks for assistance in finding the heater on the internet and also asks for help with their question about p-type ZnO. Another person suggests searching for the heater on the company's website and asks for clarification on the question about p-type ZnO. The original person expresses gratitude for any help and asks if the same heater produced by the company is necessary or if any other SiC heater will work. They also provide an email address for further communication. The conversation ends with someone providing
Cyril chen
help me find it out:)

hi guyz, i'd like to know where i can buy the SiC heater of the PLD(pulsed laser depositon) system. the one of our lab is broken...in addition, i have some questions about p-type ZnO, i hope someone would help me :) thanx!

Physics news on Phys.org

How about calling up the company that made the one in your lab?

Redbelly98 said:
How about calling up the company that made the one in your lab?

thanx man, you know, the PLD in our lab is bought from japan and the company wouldn't like to let us know where the SiC heater is produced...as far as i know, this heater can be bought in the U.S., so i need your help! thanks again!

hey Cyril chen, welcom to PF, did you try to search the net for this SiC heater? it sure have a serial number or something like that, there should be a website for that company, don't you think? about your other question on p-type ZnO, would you spell it out, I can't help by just asking that :wink:

drizzle said:
hey Cyril chen, welcom to PF, did you try to search the net for this SiC heater? it sure have a serial number or something like that, there should be a website for that company, don't you think? about your other question on p-type ZnO, would you spell it out, I can't help by just asking that :wink:

Thanks for your reply drizzle:) I have already searched the net several times and got no related information...i'll be thrilled if u can help me. thanks again:)

Should it be the same one produced by that company, or could any other SiC heater fit well for the PLD apparatus?

drizzle said:
Should it be the same one produced by that company, or could any other SiC heater fit well for the PLD apparatus?

could u send me an e-mail and in this way, i can show u the pics of the SiC heater which i need:)
cblp5519084@yahoo.com.cn

I found this link;
http://songshan.en.ec21.com/SiC_heating_elements_heater--2_3267694.html"

have a look, and tell me if it isn't helping I'll ask my supervisor

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is a SiC heater and how does it work?

A SiC (silicon carbide) heater is a type of heating element used in PLD (pulsed laser deposition) systems. It is made of a ceramic material, silicon carbide, which has high thermal conductivity and can withstand high temperatures. The heater works by converting electrical energy into heat, which is then transferred to the substrate or sample being heated.

2. How do I choose the right SiC heater for my PLD system?

The right SiC heater for your PLD system depends on several factors, such as the size and shape of your substrate, the required temperature range, and the power and voltage requirements of your system. It is important to consult the specifications and recommendations of your PLD system manufacturer to ensure compatibility and optimal performance.

3. What are the advantages of using a SiC heater in a PLD system?

SiC heaters offer several advantages over other types of heating elements. They have high thermal conductivity, allowing for faster and more uniform heating of substrates. They also have a high melting point, making them suitable for use in high-temperature applications. Additionally, SiC heaters are chemically inert and do not react with most materials, making them ideal for use in vacuum environments.

4. Are there any disadvantages to using a SiC heater in a PLD system?

While SiC heaters have many advantages, they also have some limitations. One potential disadvantage is that they can be brittle and prone to cracking or breaking if subjected to mechanical stress. Additionally, they may not be suitable for use in corrosive environments, as they can react with certain chemicals and gases.

5. How do I properly maintain and care for a SiC heater in a PLD system?

To ensure the longevity and optimal performance of your SiC heater in a PLD system, it is important to follow proper maintenance and care procedures. This may include regular cleaning to remove any contaminants or residue that may affect performance, as well as monitoring and adjusting the power and temperature settings to prevent overheating and potential damage to the heater. It is also important to handle the heater with care, avoiding any excessive force or impact that may cause it to break or crack.