Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help me find this book

1. Mar 3, 2012 #1
    This description is horrible but, it was sci-fi, i think it had something to do with time travel and was presented in installments, like first there's a story in one time, then it moves to another time. Apparently it's well known and i think the title was weird (or at least i thought so). Of course i saw this book and was looked into and neglected to write down the name.

it's not timeline, i know that.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 3, 2012 #2
    1920066.jpg

(note: I am in no way recommending this book)

4. Mar 3, 2012 #3
    nah it's not that. ugh, i can't believe i didn't write the name down. I saw it somewhere on the web (i'm trying to think of where i saw it or go to it from) then read something on wikipdia about it. i think the cover might have been just a solid color, title might have been one word but i'm entirely not sure on that. might have even been numbers. it's not 1984 or that new book by king.

this is going to drive me crazy. i think i'm just going to go to the bookstore tomorrow and look around.

edit: something clicks with this but it wasn't that "yup, thats 100% the one" click.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  5. Mar 3, 2012 #4

jim hardy

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

Slaughterhouse Five, by Kurt Vonnegut?

6. Mar 3, 2012 #5
  7. Mar 3, 2012 #6
    Great book! That's what came to mind for me too.

edit: It's not sci-fi though. :S

8. Mar 4, 2012 #7
    The Time Machine by H. G. Wells?

9. Mar 4, 2012 #8
    You're probably referring to every book that's ever been written.

10. Mar 4, 2012 #9

cmb

:rofl:

yeah... most stories occur in a progression of time....

11. Mar 4, 2012 #10
    thats what my roommate said. I told him it was involved time travel and maybe other universes or something and he said "so... like half of all sci fi books?"

12. Mar 4, 2012 #11
    Maybe you need a hitchhikers guide to find it.

13. Mar 5, 2012 #12

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook