All-in-One Physics Book for Classes +1 and +2

In summary, a physics book for 10th and 11th that is comprehensive and covers all the concepts in detail is H.C. Verma or D.C. Pandey. If you're not preparing for any entrance exams, Resnick and Halliday are a good option. If you're aiming to prepare for college, get Resnick and Halleday.
supreabajaj
Help me guys...

Could anybody please refer me a book in physics for class +1 and +2 that covers all the concepts in detail?? No single book covers all the concepts and I am mad after referring 5 different books and still getting nothing to improve my concepts. Please help me guys... I need an all in one book.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org

What is your background in math and physics?

I need a book for +1 and +2.

supreabajaj said:

As in Physics I & II as in Mechanics and Electricity and Magnetism? In that case, if you're just beginning (with regard to this, you should answer George Jones' question) and on a budget, look into the AP exam review manuals for those respective classes. If you want something more comprehensive for a bit more money, try Young and Freedman's University Physics. It's not too rigorous but it's got great conceptual development IMO.

supreabajaj said:

I'm sorry, I don't know what "+1 and +2" means.

+1 and +2 are the classes after 10th.

Thanks sir... Thanks a lot.

+1 and +2 are how the junior and senior years in high school are referred to here in India GJ.

...so Mechanics and E&M? Is my previous assumption correct?

supreabajaj said:
+1 and +2 are the classes after 10th.

What math do you know though? You need calculus before you can do any real physics.

supreabajaj - If you are not preparing for IIT, get some book like S.L. Arora. It is similar to R.D. Sharma. The book does a decent job of explaining things and is supplemented with a lot of sums. Don't get Pradeeps guides. They are terrible! If you don't mind a little more rigor than the average NCERT / Stateboard syllabus, then get H.C. Verma or D.C. Pandey. They will help you prepare for all the competitive exams like the JEE and AIEEE etc.

THANKS A LOT... Waise I am not preparing for any of the entrance exams. Just wanted to cover all that I missed in the last two years.

But Anirudh... H.C. Verma or D.C. Pandey don't have a detailed theory. There's something new to be learned in every question and they do not cover all that in the theory part. What to do?

H.C. Verma and Pandey are geared towards cracking entrance tests, which is why I suggested them. I've known quite a few students who don't understand ANY physics but can solve a JEE paper faster than someone who knows the material.

That being said, it's not that the books are useless. You can learn the material from elsewhere and then practice using those books and you're grounding will be good. Like I said, for a school level, pick up S.L. Arora or something along those lines.

If you are aiming to prepare yourself for college, and not for school, get Resnick and Halleday. The older the version, the better the book is my rule of thumb. Another book at this level is Young and Freedman's University physics. I haven't used this book, but many have told me they like it.

If you have an IIT in your city, check if they have a bookstore. These stores generally cater to the college students and you can buy the aforementioned books from there.
If you're in Chennai, you can come and pick my material. It's just collecting dust.

Thanks a lot Anirudh... Is there any theory in Resnick and Halliday??

Yes. It is good for a first course. It uses basic calculus so be sure to learned that.

Okay. I'll try.

1. What is the purpose of the "All-in-One Physics Book for Classes +1 and +2"?

The purpose of this book is to provide a comprehensive and concise resource for students in classes +1 and +2 to learn and understand the fundamental principles and concepts of physics. It covers a wide range of topics, including mechanics, thermodynamics, electricity and magnetism, optics, and modern physics.

2. Who is the target audience for this book?

The target audience for this book is students in classes +1 and +2 who are studying physics. It is also a useful resource for teachers, tutors, and anyone interested in learning or reviewing basic physics concepts.

3. Is this book suitable for beginners in physics?

Yes, this book is designed for beginners in physics. It starts with the basic principles and gradually progresses to more advanced topics, making it accessible for students with little to no prior knowledge of physics.

4. Are there any interactive elements or activities included in the book?

Yes, the book includes interactive elements such as diagrams, graphs, and illustrations to help visualize concepts. It also includes practice problems and exercises to reinforce understanding and application of the material.

5. Can this book be used as a standalone resource for studying physics?

Yes, this book is designed to be a standalone resource for studying physics. However, it can also be used in conjunction with other resources such as textbooks, videos, and lectures to supplement learning.